2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

20 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

2nd round interviews are nice, but realize these guys are interviewing elsewhere. If Paton catches wind that the Texans are going to move on Gannon, and he is Paton's guy, would he move quicker to secure him as Denver's head coach? It isn't like these interviews are like hiring for a new bookkeeper. 

I’m sure that’s precisely what is being discussed at Dove Valley right now.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Klis says the 5 top candidates are Quinn, Hackett, Moore, Gannon and Mayo 

Just a guess here but I don't think it's any of them. I think Paton's just tossing around names to his staff to see who can actually keep a secret.

Paton's guy is still in the playoffs or he'd already have hired him.

Edited by AKRNA

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Just a guess here but I don't think it's any of them. I think Paton's just tossing around names to his staff to see who can actually keep a secret.

Paton's guy is still in the playoffs or he'd already have hired him.

BCT said the longer this plays out the more likely it is Paton is leaning towards a surprise pick.  If the choice is Quinn (and he wants the job) news will come this weekend/Monday. If there is a second round or unusual delay I think that bodes well for Gannon/Mayo/Callahan types.

Shaping up to be the most exciting Broncos offseason in recent memory with the ownership situation, head coach, Rodgers rumors, and a high ish draft pick. I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic, but I have a good feeling about Paton's ability to find the best guy for the job. 

I am partial towards Hackett and would prefer a "offensive mind", but could also get behind Quinn or some of the others. I think Bieniemy has potential to be a good coach, but he also has the potential to blow up in our face. I have a hard time getting over some of the questionable parts of his past and he seems like a "where there is smoke, there is fire" kind of guy. That being said I would not be shocked if we were the team to give him a shot.

My list probably looks like this:

1. Hackett '

2. Quinn + Getsy OC

3. O'Connell 

4. Gannon

5. Moore

6. Bieniemy

Edit: Forgot Callahan, would probably put him 3-4. 

Edited by MontanaBronco

56 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Yeah Klis shared more than he should have and then he got smacked down by Smyth/Ellis as the hot-take BS artists posing as sportswriters and the talk radio shock jock d-bags started saying things like Paton is a puppet of Ellis/Elway and the decision won’t be his. Mouthpiece foul.

I get the sense that Getsy will be an OC target no matter who the HC is. He is the only one that can be promoted to a coordinator job out of the candidates. And that move I think is setup a run at Rogers. It makes complete sense. With that said, I'd be okay with Gannon at HC because Rogers will raise all waters. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah Klis shared more than he should have and then he got smacked down by Smyth/Ellis as the hot-take BS artists posing as sportswriters and the talk radio shock jock d-bags started saying things like Paton is a puppet of Ellis/Elway and the decision won’t be his. Mouthpiece foul.

Yeah Paton the puppet. Nobody other than Paton picks Surtain. And nobody moves up to get Javonte. I thought the move was for for LB from Notre Dame.. So I think Paton is nobody puppet, I think he's clearly calling the shots whether people like the moves or not. And I like that.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

BCT said the longer this plays out the more likely it is Paton is leaning towards a surprise pick.  If the choice is Quinn (and he wants the job) news will come this weekend/Monday. If there is a second round or unusual delay I think that bodes well for Gannon/Mayo/Callahan types.

I've thought since day 1 that Callahan is like the perfect candidate and obvious choice. I still do.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Can’t even imagine how degrading Klis’ day-to-day is. Lmao

25 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Nah, Klis is the kind of guy who conflates access with power. He’s happy just being in the room.

You’re 10000000000% right on that Josh. 

He got into a fist fight, and literal fist fight, with Tracy Ringolsby (an MLB HOF’r), in the press box at Coors. No idea over what or why or who (if either) was in the wrong.

I will give Klis credit, his faults and all, he’s played the cards he’s had and played them to get where he is. If a seat in the room (and little respect, from anyone mind you) is what he wanted, he got it. Either way, like you say, he does have a seat in the room. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

2nd round interviews are nice, but realize these guys are interviewing elsewhere. If Paton catches wind that the Texans are going to move on Gannon, and he is Paton's guy, would he move quicker to secure him as Denver's head coach? It isn't like these interviews are like hiring for a new bookkeeper. 

Bookkeepers are more important.