Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It probably just feels that way because it negatively impacted the team you root for. It is scientifically not "dumb".

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/resources/press-releases/cdc-publishes-scientific-paper-jointly-authored-with-the-nfl-on-covid-19-lessons

Rather than what a CDC official may hypothesize about what "could happen" regarding spread between close contacts, I wonder what the actual data is on the subject? In the last two years, how many NFL players who ended up on the close contact list actually got the virus at any point, let alone around the time they were placed on the list... I mean it already seems like player-to-player transmission rates are pretty low. For example, there is strong evidence that transmission during the game is virtually non-existent. 

I mean, personal views aside, it is at least a very interesting "ends justify the means" dilemma because on the one hand, you have Adams, who is vaccinated, who nevertheless just tested positive. Then you have Lazard, who probably made a poor choice not getting the vaccine, yet, he's perfectly healthy and has repeatedly tested negative the last 5 days to prove the same. Yet, he seems to be paying for not only his alleged sins (not getting the shot), but apparently Adams' as well in whatever he did in order to contract the virus in the first place. 

As I posted before, at the end of the day, I think the NFL at least has to re-evaluate the "close contact" rule because I don't know how sustainable the standard is to say "well simply because you sat in the same room at this guy" you're automatically out 5 days without any actual proof that you're at risk.  

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzz...

Ian Rapoport -  How serious does an injury have to be to sideline #AZCardinals DE JJ Watt? Sources say he actual tore his labrum, his bicep, and his rotator cuff — and dislocated his shoulder. Watt was playing some of his best football and helped change the culture for the undefeated AZ team.

Helped change the culture, yes, but Watt is a shell of what he once was.  What did he have 1 sack this year?  Thats some of his best football???  HOF player but he was done years ago.  Injuries have taken their toll.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Imagine the ego necessary to try to tell someone what they think.

I really think you should seriously look into that link I provided for you earlier.

I never said you didn’t *think* you were on *the* side of science. (As if that is only on one side. Talk about ego...)

Your assertion about conspiracy theories is basically assuming what another is thinking. So maybe check your own ego. 

Edited by TransientTexan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

Amari will finally get his jet handoff

But we'll do it from the guy on a shovel so Rodgers gets the passing yards

Haha, you caught that too. It has been done a couple of times with handoffs to Jones also, seems totally unnecessary. 

• Like 1

Bummer about MVS but not totally unexpected. Guy has missed a month with a hamstring strain. Not worth the risk to throw him out there on a short week cold like that. What really sucks is the timing of all of this. If this game was on Sunday, there's a good chance guys like Lazard, MVS, maybe Davante, and maybe Bak would all be playing