Broncos trade Von Miller to Rams

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Why does it suck? Lol. I don't understand that. We have cap space this year, so why not use it? If we don't agree to pay his salary, we're not getting a 2 and 3 back. In fact, that's quite literally why we got a 2 and 3 back.

I mean, that $9M could’ve been rolled over to next season, no? But it’s fine. Eating that money made the return better, and it got Von to a great spot. And I really doubt that this rebuilding team will be right up to the cap, anyways. 

This blows, you guys. Von’s on the team’s Mount Rushmore. It was the right decision by Paton, but I hate it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is......sad. I remember when we drafted him I was still a SOPH in college. Now hes not a Bronco anymore 🥺 This feels a lot like when Champ went to New Orleans.

The compensation is good, but still feel like the Broncos could have held onto him for another year or two becasue he was still productive. 

Now, who the hell is leading the lockerroom? Justin Simmons?

The Broncos were not keeping Von after this year. This was an excellent haul given the realities of the contract/team structure situation. We are clearing cap. I wouldn't be shocked to see more players traded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

The Broncos were not keeping Von after this year. This was an excellent haul given the realities of the contract/team structure situation. We are clearing cap. I wouldn't be shocked to see more players traded.

I could see KJax being traded in order to see what we have in Sterns. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

Yeah, I know its coming but it just sucks.....I will say this because Ive heard his name being tossed around as a trade candidate/not resign. You f'n resign Courtland Sutton right now. If your looking for a rebuild around a young team, he needs to be priority number 1 on the offensive side. I dont care about Tim Patrick and how great hes looked as a UDFA, hes not better or more explosive than Sutton.

You take that money from Von's contract and you pay Sutton. Like right tf now.

• Like 1

Awesome trade for both teams here. Hope you guys make good use of those picks and I hope Von can stay healthy and be a contributor. Miller with Floyd and AD could be fun to watch.

I know Von had a freak injury earlier in the year, how’s he been since? Are people wrong to say he doesn’t have much left in the Tank?

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, I know its coming but it just sucks.....I will say this because Ive heard his name being tossed around as a trade candidate/not resign. You f'n resign Courtland Sutton right now. If your looking for a rebuild around a young team, he needs to be priority number 1 on the offensive side. I dont care about Tim Patrick and how great hes looked as a UDFA, hes not better or more explosive than Sutton.

You take that money from Von's contract and you pay Sutton. Like right tf now.

Hard co-sign. Tim Patrick is a real good #3, but Courtland is a legit safety blanket for a young QB. 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm not crying, you're crying. First day I've shed a tear since we won the super bowl. 

The Vets will be mad that we got rid of a player like von because they still think we can contend this year. We cannot. They can't realize they only beat 4 teams that are blatantly obviously worse than us.

Would sure be nice to have a potential rookie franchise QB on the roster right now like Justin Fields to provide some future direction/hope.........oh wait, the Broncos passed on him because they thought they could contend with Teddy and then just blew the roster up after 8 weeks. 

Sorry im not over it lol 😆

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Awesome trade for both teams here. Hope you guys make good use of those picks and I hope Von can stay healthy and be a contributor. Miller with Floyd and AD could be fun to watch.

I know Von had a freak injury earlier in the year, how’s he been since? Are people wrong to say he doesn’t have much left in the Tank?

With Jalen Ramsey behind them?! Going to be an insane defense and team to watch...

They're definitely wrong about Von. He might not have a complete game impact at this point anymore and seemed to take a few more plays off a game than in previous years, but he's still explosive and can make big splash plays a few times a game. He was also the only threat on our mediocre front 7 so he was constantly double teamed, chipped, etc. With AD next to him, I think he'll have a resurrection of a year. He injured his ankle last Thursday where he said he could have toughed it out and kept playing. It looked way worse than it ended up being (looked like a shredded knee...). That said, he was pushing to play this past weekend but trainers/team held him back (likely because they were trying to trade him). 

All in all, Its a fair trade for both sides and you're going to be STOKED about it once he's on the field. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Why does it suck? Lol. I don't understand that. We have cap space this year, so why not use it? If we don't agree to pay his salary, we're not getting a 2 and 3 back. In fact, that's quite literally why we got a 2 and 3 back.

I was gonna say - is that coming from your bank account? Who cares lol 

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Would sure be nice to have a potential rookie franchise QB on the roster right now like Justin Fields to provide some future direction/hope.........oh wait, the Broncos passed on him because they thought they could contend with Teddy and then just blew the roster up after 8 weeks. 

Sorry im not over it lol 😆

Reveal hidden contents

Eh don't be. I've seen 3 or 4 bears games this year and Fields right now is basically Bridgewater in terms of checkdowns but can actually run. Obviously he could grow and get better but that is ultimately just a chance. So far it seems Paton was correct about going with Surtain especially with all the disappointments in our secondary. As of right now we are going to have to draft another CB2 next year. These are just some of the reasons this Miller trade is great for us. We will be in desperate need for "darts"either in terms of next years draft or to put a package together for a real QB. Bittersweet though seeing Von go out the way he has these past few years. He hasn't been that superbowl MVP for quite a while now

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the compensatory picks we receive from expiring players who signed this off-season are granted in the 2023 draft, right?

If so, from a NPV standpoint (it takes a R1 pick next year to get a R2 pick this year - a la Alphonso Smith) we should be trading any/all expiring contracts now

19 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

With Jalen Ramsey behind them?! Going to be an insane defense and team to watch...

They're definitely wrong about Von. He might not have a complete game impact at this point anymore and seemed to take a few more plays off a game than in previous years, but he's still explosive and can make big splash plays a few times a game. He was also the only threat on our mediocre front 7 so he was constantly double teamed, chipped, etc. With AD next to him, I think he'll have a resurrection of a year. He injured his ankle last Thursday where he said he could have toughed it out and kept playing. It looked way worse than it ended up being (looked like a shredded knee...). That said, he was pushing to play this past weekend but trainers/team held him back (likely because they were trying to trade him). 

All in all, Its a fair trade for both sides and you're going to be STOKED about it once he's on the field. 

Oh man lol Saying I’m excited would be an understatement! I feel very fortunate to be a Rams fan just for The fact that they’re a team that is always trying to get better. People have been saying for 5 years that “this is their window this year” and yet they find a way to prolong that window.

I can’t wait to see what Von does for LA. Hopefully he’s able to get himself another ring. Glad to hear he’s fine too! If he can stay healthy it could really be quite a difference making trade. 

• Like 1