Week 9 GDT Chargers @ Eagles: Chargers are flowers, we are just a plant.

BugzBunny101

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

This will be like the TB game. We'll only lose by like 7, but the game will never actually be competitive.

Eh… I don’t know if we win this, but if Sirianni really learned the importance of running the ball and last week wasn’t a fluke, then I think we can be competitive this game. I’d feel even stronger about that if we still had Miles Sanders, but Jordan Howard was running it pretty hard last game.

The reason I say this is the Chargers aren’t only dead last in rushing yards allowed per game, but they are also dead last in yards per carry allowed. If we can take advantage of this enough and keep time of possession we have a chance to keep Herbert off the field and be more competitive in this one.

Also, you guys may laugh at the idea, but we can still make the playoffs and this game could be the turning point to that result if we win.

Our next opponents after the Chargers are the Broncos and Saints. Denver just traded away their best pass rusher and leader on defense. New Orleans just lost their starting QB for the year. Not saying that those are easy wins, but they are more winnable now than they probably looked weeks ago.

After that we just have the Jets and the NFC East (NYG x2, WFT x2, DAL) and the Cowboys game is week 18 and good chance at this rate they’ll be sitting their starters against us.

Right now the 4-4 Panthers are in that spot for the 7th wildcard spot and behind them is the 3-4 Vikings who just lost to Cooper Rush.

I think we probably get killed in the playoffs if we sneak in there, but it’s something that is still firmly on the table.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, you guys may laugh at the idea, but we can still make the playoffs and this game could be the turning point to that result if we win.

Our next opponents after the Chargers are the Broncos and Saints. Denver just traded away their best pass rusher and leader on defense. New Orleans just lost their starting QB for the year. Not saying that those are easy wins, but they are more winnable now than they probably looked weeks ago.

After that we just have the Jets and the NFC East (NYG x2, WFT x2, DAL) and the Cowboys game is week 18 and good chance at this rate they’ll be sitting their starters against us.

Right now the 4-4 Panthers are in that spot for the 7th wildcard spot and behind them is the 3-4 Vikings who just lost to Cooper Rush.

I think we probably get killed in the playoffs if we sneak in there, but it’s something that is still firmly on the table.

jim-mora-playoffs.gif

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

One win against a winless team and we are daydreaming playoff scenarios. 

We are officially addicts….lol

I’ve been an addict since I was waking up at like before 7 AM on the west coast to catch the live streams we used to do of training camp from Lehigh in the Andy days. 

I have a list on Twitter dedicated to Eagles news and meticulously went through every single beat writers tweet each day there was a practice. Something I’ve been doing for years now.

I’m well aware of my addiction and am probably beyond help at this point.