Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're not doing this.

In your mind, rampant speculation that he's reckless and endangering the locker room is fine, but showing data (from a govt nonetheless), and using it to draw conclusions is too much?

Just now, GBPack25 said:

In your mind, rampant speculation that he's reckless and endangering the locker room is fine, but showing data (from a govt nonetheless), and using it to draw conclusions is too much?

Nobody cares what you think or post about anything, ever. Good bye

• Like 4

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Nobody cares what you think or post about anything, ever. Good bye

Said a person with no argument in opposition to anything I've said. I don't care if no one cares what I think or post. Keep ignoring the data and be an ideologue all you want, to your own detriment of course. 

2 minutes ago, GBPack25 said:

Said a person with no argument in opposition to anything I've said. I don't care if no one cares what I think or post. Keep ignoring the data and be an ideologue all you want, to your own detriment of course. 

Let's all ignore it, guys.

Do not provide a platform. It is a net negative for the universe every interaction it is allowed to have.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GBPack25 said:

If we're bringing this up as a community responsibility versus a personal responsibility for his own health then the important question is "does the vaccine confer a reduced chance of getting COVID?" (and therefore of spreading it) So let's take a look at some governmental published data. This is from the UK, and you can find the report here UK COV19 Vaccine Report

ubAtaH9l.png

These are Total # of Cases reported over this time frame. By the government's own admission in the report, 66.1% of people have had at least 1 dose and 60.8% have had two doses. If you were just as likely to get covid with or without the vaccine, the distributions would look similar to the above numbers. ~34 to 40% of the cases would be from people who are unvaccinated. Unfortunately for the Covid Vaccine supporters, this is not the case. Even removing Unlinked from the total number doesn't get you close. There's a heavy skew towards the elderly being more vaccinated, hence why the Under 18 non-vaccinated number is a majority of the cases. It's highly unlikely that 85-90% of 40-49 year olds are vaccinated, and 75-80% of 30-39 year olds are vaccinated.

Total Ex <18 & Unlinked: 484,338

Unvaxxed Cases: 70,006 (14.5%)

Both Doses Cases: 390,274 (80.6%)

1 Dose cases: 24,038 (4.96%)

Unvaxxed % cases by age:

18-29: 32.6%

30-39: 23.2%

40-49: 9.8%

50-59: 6%

60-69: 4%

70-79: 2.4%

80 & up: 3.3%

I also read someone say "The FDA approved it for Kids".

Well to that, I say that an official remarked "we won't know until we give it to them". How about more LT trials and studies of kids rather than just approving it for all? Here's even a quote from the NYTimes about the risk of severe covid to kids being "So low as to be difficult to quantify". Giving it to otherwise healthy kids is absolutely without scientific basis, and ignoring the fact that we have no idea about the long term side effects of not only just getting fully vaccinated but about the potential for recurring semi-annual boosters, which you have to be for if you actually want "protection" and not just to virtue signal.

e4a0538b-7e93-46d1-9bc5-4539fb69c939_750

Check Israeli government data as well. They had massive spikes before they mandated a booster shot. The fact that we are approving a booster as well goes to show that its efficacy wanes rapidly. So to all who are pro-vaccine, if you haven't been vaccinated within the last 5-6 months, consider yourself unvaccinated and an absolute menace to society.

If the vaccine doesn't confer any immunity from contraction of disease, it certainly doesn't confer protection to people around you, which once again makes it a personal decision. Anyone who thinks Rodgers has to apologize for not being vaccinated is on a moral high horse. (his immunized comment is another topic)

@Packerraymond @CWood21can you delete this post.

1. It's completely incorrect factually

2. It's blatantly attempting to derail the thread

• Like 6

This is a good thing: 

The drugmaker Pfizer said Friday that clinical trials of its experimental Covid-19 pill have been so successful in preventing people from becoming hospitalized or dying from the virus, that it's stopping the studies early in the hope that the general public might benefit.

The antiviral pill, which is combined with a low dose of an HIV drug called ritonavir, can reduce hospitalizations or deaths from Covid-19 by up to 89 percent among high-risk patients, Pfizer said in a news release.

///

Cant wait till the rumor it can give you HIV starts making the rounds though....

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is a good thing: 

The drugmaker Pfizer said Friday that clinical trials of its experimental Covid-19 pill have been so successful in preventing people from becoming hospitalized or dying from the virus, that it's stopping the studies early in the hope that the general public might benefit.

The antiviral pill, which is combined with a low dose of an HIV drug called ritonavir, can reduce hospitalizations or deaths from Covid-19 by up to 89 percent among high-risk patients, Pfizer said in a news release.

///

Cant wait till the rumor it can give you HIV starts making the rounds though....

there are a few non-antibody therapeutics on the horizon. i recall someone in one of the threads (not naming names) stated in a factual tone that the only way to stop a virus is antibodies. anyways hopefully this treatment allows the NFL to prevent negative effects in players that contract COVID to minimize their missed playing time. 

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is a good thing: 

///

Merck has a version of this pill and that has now been approved in the UK with half a million tablets arriving by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I hate waiting for the NFL to announce the outcome of reviewing our tapes. I just want the other shoe to drop. 

The Packers are going to get hammered, and rightfully so.  They just let Aaron do what wants around there in regards to masks, so that Packers have a lot of blame on this.  Gonna guess 1mil fine and the loss of a substantial draft pick.  Hopefully if they are found at fault Aaron will also get a substantial fine.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

This is a good thing: 

///

Until they have a vaccine for selfishness and stupid, people still won’t get this vaccine. 

• Like 1