Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

23 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The NFL doesn't punish based on severity of the rule break but severity of the public outrage and in this case the Packers might be screwed. 

The NFL also doesn't witch hunt their stars (unless they cheat and challenge the integrity of their on field product). 

Way more likely they brush this under the rug because this is their MVP.

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Hope your right.  My expectation is that Love looks like Rodgers in Year 2 of his time in Green Bay of which it was obvious Rodgers was not ready.  I then expect most pundits to vilify the Packers (and Love) for a poor performance because they want to say "we told you so".  But we all witnessed the big change in Rodgers year 3 versus year 2 where it all started to come together.  My guess is we could see the same thing with Love in year 3.  If he performs better than that this weekend he is ahead of schedule.

I'm kind of expecting LaFleur to knock it out of the park with a game plan tailored to what Love does well.  I suspect the running backs will be heavily involved and if the Packers can soften up the Chiefs a bit early on it could open up some play action passing.  I'm optimistic.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm kind of expecting LaFleur to knock it out of the park with a game plan tailored to what Love does well.  I suspect the running backs will be heavily involved and if the Packers can soften up the Chiefs a bit early on it could open up some play action passing.  I'm optimistic.  

Spread em out and let him chuck it. 400 yards and 6 TDs call this his White, Mike game.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Spread em out and let him chuck it. 400 yards and 6 TDs call this his White, Mike game.

That would make me nervous with Love .. not sure he processes stuff quick enough yet and I don't want to see a bunch of free runners in on him.  His pocket awareness is iffy based on what I saw in preseason games.

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't worry, he won't.

I know. And here I was semi-hopeful mere weeks ago he was less of a turd than I thought this past off-season.

Then he goes absolute full turd. Well, he already had, but it just became known.

He couldn't control his ego to do the bare minimum, so there's no chance he shows a lick of humility. It's just not possible for him, sadly.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tredpack said:

Its not 'panic', its 'hope'. They hope unvaccinated athletes or celebrities with a stage are punished. Or as some people put it, 'Darwinsim' takes over. Whats the point? We can just wait. Right? 

These people hope the Packers and Rodgers are punished for affecting so many lives so terribly these past few months. Haven't you seen all the deaths in Green Bay from COVID? 

Quick!  Post a oh so reliable CDC article, that'll show em!

I hope you can find the help you need someday.

Until then, I hope no one here gives you the platform for your illness.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I know. And here I was semi-hopeful mere weeks ago he was less of a turd than I thought this past off-season.

Then he goes absolute full turd. Well, he already had, but it just became known.

He couldn't control his ego to do the bare minimum, so there's no chance he shows a lick of humility. It's just not possible for him, sadly.

Star QB is not humble, there's the least shocking headline of all time. 

These guys are obviously full of themselves, and you almost have to be to live the lives they do.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Star QB is not humble, there's the least shocking headline of all time. 

These guys are obviously full of themselves, and you almost have to be to live the lives they do.

There's a chasm between ego and stupidity though.

Like the chasm between Tom Brady's jewelry collection and Aaron Rodgers'.

Meaningfully, there's another key distinction between those two regarding the issue at hand.

Edited by incognito_man

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There's a chasm between ego and stupidity though.

Like the chasm between Tom Brady's jewelry collection and Aaron Rodgers'.

Meaningfully, there's another key distinction between those two regarding the issue at hand.

In matter of opinion yes, you think what Aaron's done is stupid. Someone else may not, there's no right answer there.

The only thing provable is that Aaron looked out for himself here, whether that was right or wrong is a matter of opinion.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

In matter of opinion yes, you think what Aaron's done is stupid. Someone else may not, there's no right answer there.

The only thing provable is that Aaron looked out for himself here, whether that was right or wrong is a matter of opinion.

Disagree.

Stupidity can absolutely be factual. In this case it is measurable and is not a matter of opinion.

We don't have all the information to make a fully informed decision, but it is with near certainty we can surmise that Aaron Rodgers foregoing the vaccine is not helpful to him personally and is absolutely harmful to everyone else.

Engaging in actions with no benefit to oneself or others is stupid.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Disagree.

Stupidity can absolutely be factual. In this case it is measurable and is not a matter of opinion.

We don't have all the information to make a fully informed decision, but it is with near certainty we can surmise that Aaron Rodgers foregoing the vaccine is not helpful to him personally and is absolutely harmful to everyone else.

Engaging in actions with no benefit to oneself or others is stupid.

Unless you have Rodgers blood work I think it's ridiculous to say this. If he's raised his antibodies in a manner using a natural method, than he can be labeled selfish, but he's accomplished what he set out to do.

If he's drinking Russ Wilson water some shaman Shailene introduced him to gave him, sure we can reason he's stupid.

Until Rodgers speaks, we don't know and it's all opinion and assumption.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unless you have Rodgers blood work I think it's ridiculous to say this. If he's raised his antibodies in a manner using a natural method, than he can be labeled selfish, but he's accomplished what he set out to do.

I'm not gonna get into this pissing match, but @Shanedorf pointed out quite specifically that in fact it would have been impossible for AR to accomplish this using any homeopathic means - and I dont think we can presume what method he chose based on how rich he is or how smart we think him. I dont think that a logical or prudent line of thinking.  

As I did say previously (and we've already discussed/disagreed on....) - once the NFL determined his treatment faulty or less than satisfactory - in other words, returned him to base line unvaxxed - he should have come clean - if not publicly then at least privately - and - since I'm a guy that cant seem to figure out what all the hassle is with getting a few shots and having a sore arm for 24hrs - he shold have gotten the shots.

Clearly it would have benefited all parties.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm not gonna get into this pissing match, but @Shanedorf pointed out quite specifically that in fact it would have been impossible for AR to accomplish this using any homeopathic means - and I dont think we can presume what method he chose based on how rich he is or how smart we think him. I dont think that a logical or prudent line of thinking.  

As I did say previously (and we've already discussed/disagreed on....) - once the NFL determined his treatment faulty or less than satisfactory - in other words, returned him to base line unvaxxed - he should have come clean - if not publicly then at least privately - and - since I'm a guy that cant seem to figure out what all the hassle is with getting a few shots and having a sore arm for 24hrs - he shold have gotten the shots.

Clearly it would have benefited all parties.

Well just agree to disagree. 

From a football standpoint, yes Rodgers should be vaxxed.

If he put his personal beliefs above his occupation and decided not to be, I won't fault him.

Being deceitful about it wasn't right, but I get why he did it.