Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I didn't wanna take this on another hell ride going down what a joke the education system has become. Let's just say, they've gotten what they wanted out of it and leave it at that.

Trust me, I know.  I'm in the education system.  And, truthfully, it comes from both sides, but the degree to which it's "both sides" is distorted in how it's portrayed by many.  There have been things - common sense things - that I've been trying to get applied into the curriculum for almost a decade that has been met with resistance from both sides for completely different reasons.  Bureaucracy, complacency, and grasp for power has been the biggest enemy for us down in the trenches.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do agree. I've not once said anyone that doesn't get the vaccines is an idiot. I will however call you an idiot if you spout the nonsense that Aaron did today. There's a difference. My brother, whom I live with, isn't vaccinated. I've never once shunned him for it nor will I. My dad and two sisters aren't either. I still went to see them on the 4th of July. It's your choice but you need to be ready to live by the consequences of your choices. That's really all there is to it.

Bingo. I'm not mad if you don't get it, but don't try and push others into it. People are too damn impressionable and you can spook some into not, who could have issues because of it. Granted you could flip this, but my neighbor died of COVID-19 pre vax, and all I've heard from the vax is people are tired for a day. Seems like an easy decision. But I'm a sheep or whatever

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The alternative treatment/homeopathy stuff is never not gonna be funny to me and I will continue to crack jokes about it regarding Rodgers going forward. It's incredible ammo

Good news is that once Rodgers returns, I'm sure he'll have some magic crystals he carries around in his pocket that'll help bring good vibes and fortune to the team. Packers are SB bound

Lavender up his butt is the only thing I'm ever using about that from now on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Trust me, I know.  I'm in the education system.  And, truthfully, it comes from both sides, but the degree to which it's "both sides" is distorted in how it's portrayed by many.  There have been things - common sense things - that I've been trying to get applied into the curriculum for almost a decade that has been met with resistance from both sides for completely different reasons.  Bureaucracy, complacency, and grasp for power has been the biggest enemy for us down in the trenches.

Most institutions start off with noble goals and then degrade into vehicles of self-preservation. Such is the way of humans.  A common tale of woe. 

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It sucks you got Covid, but unless you were medically exempt, you should be at the back of the line for treatment behind those who medically cannot get it, and those who got vaccinated and still got it.

I don't really have much sympathy for people who are willingly unvaccinated who then complain about the care they received when our system is near its breaking point BECAUSE of people who have made similar decisions.

And I don't care if that makes me sound mean whatsoever.

Totally agree. Stick to your guns! Don't want to get vaccinated? No problem! Just don't go to the hospital and take a bed from someone who didn't have a choice about their illness if you catch covid. Stay home with your ivermectin treatments and hope for the best!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Lavender up his butt is the only thing I'm ever using about that from now on

I really did not need the mental image of George Wendt unsuccessfully trying to shove a flower up his butt, thanks.😛

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, berndt_toast said:

If you're going to quote MLK, first, don't. But if you do, second, don't. But if you eventually do, third, get it right.

f4n5k7dbhtx71.jpg

Actual quote: “There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

MLK.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Totally agree. Stick to your guns! Don't want to get vaccinated? No problem! Just don't go to the hospital and take a bed from someone who didn't have a choice about their illness if you catch covid. Stay home with your ivermectin treatments and hope for the best!

That would require the hospital to actually care and treat you. The last thing they want is you to stay home, they can't bill you for a scan of every inch of your body then.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That would require the hospital to actually care and treat you. The last thing they want is you to stay home, they can't bill you for a scan of every inch of your body then.

You say this as people are being turned away from hospitals because there aren't enough beds.