Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

"But at the end of the day, I do believe that family and fame and success can be really complicated if their dreams are connected to your success."

Yes that's the part right before she said there's blame on both sides.

But again, how does this support your stance?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

100% agree he avoided it as long as he could. Because he's extremely sensitive and very insecure about his decision. If he wasn't, he would be open about it like so many other celebrities.

Also, he could have been concerned about his endorsement contracts.  Face it. There is a incredible stigma associated with being unvaccinated, as far as the media and the corporate world is concerned. Rape may be looked upon more fondly. 

Edited by Howler

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not about the choice he made, it's about how he handled the choice. C'mon, people, this isn't hard to grasp.

He felt he needed to " make a stand for the protocols and procedures of the NFL" and "be an advocate for those that wanted to make a personal choice about getting the vaccine"......

Yet was quiet as a church mouse until he tested positive and was caught in the aftermath.

Quoting MLK is just laughable in trying to using this as any type of similar scenario.

• Like 5

Just now, incognito_man said:

100% agree he avoided it as long as he could. Because he's extremely sensitive and very insecure about his decision. If he wasn't, he would be open about it like so many other celebrities.

Kirk ******* Cousins owns his anti-vax stance ffs. 

You'd think Aaron "smartest man in the room" Rodgers would have read the room and seen what would have gotten him into the least problematic situation.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

You'd think that, but here we are after 64+ pages of this and folks are still taking bullets for Rodgers and/or defending his vaccine misinformation.

There may be a few people defending his comments. Most are defending his right to make a choice. For those who are saying it would be fine if he told the truth are up in arms about him not being vaccinated. They are trying to say the ONLY choice is to vax up and move on. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He didn't sound insecure about his decision at all. He was very adamant about it. He simply didn't want to have to answer a million questions about his choice. If he had been outward about it, you would call him selfish for being a distraction

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

Also, he could have been concerned about his endorsement contracts.  Face it. There is a incredible stigma associated with being unvaccinated. 

I never thought about this and wonder if some of those people will end their relationship. 

24 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yes - I also would prefer he didn't kill anyone. I mean seriously ??

He didn't break the law !!! And he followed all covid guidelines. 

He didn't follow all Covid guidelines. He very clearly was in violation of them during press conferences.

This is why we're going to get hit with the punishment. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes that's the part right before she said there's blame on both sides.

But again, how does this support your stance?

You brought it up - not me. As part of your Rodgers is a bad human being thing you got going on ala he cares more about his hair than the team etc etc

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He didn't follow all Covid guidelines. He very clearly was in violation of them during press conferences.

This is why we're going to get hit with the punishment. 

That is true. And if the NFL wants to punish everyone that has done the very same thing - fine by me

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I never thought about this and wonder if some of those people will end their relationship. 

2021 Endorsements

One of the earliest and most lucrative endorsements came in the form of an Adidas deal that allowed for a more prominent presence in advertisements through all media in an NFL market dominated by Nike because it makes all the league's official jerseys. Rodgers' best-known national endorsement came in as the State-Farm 'Discount Double Check' commercials.

He earned $9 million off the field through memorabilia, royalties, and endorsement deals with Adidas, State-Farm, Prevea healthcare, Bergstrom Automotive, Sharpie, and IZOD. Additionally, State Farm is one of the richest endorsement deals in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

Also, he could have been concerned about his endorsement contracts.  Face it. There is a incredible stigma associated with being unvaccinated, as far as the media and the corporate world is concerned. Rape may be looked upon more fondly. 

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh