Will the league suspend Aaron Rodgers?

Matts4313

Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?

• Yes - additional punishment including suspension
    • Yes - additional punishment, but only a fine to Rodgers (or Packers)
    • No - no additional punishment will come from the league office

This year also has to be it for Rodgers in Green Bay, right? I know that was always a likely outcome before this interview, but at some point, Green Bay has to be ready to cut bait as well and just say that they are done with him, right? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This year also has to be it for Rodgers in Green Bay, right? I know that was always a likely outcome before this interview, but at some point, Green Bay has to be ready to cut bait as well and just say that they are done with him, right? 

I was thinking, with how this season was going, there was like a 70+% chance he was still back nextseason. That was TORPEDOED today imo. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My favorite part was at the very end where he says the league just wants people to be vaccinated so that the league looks better, and nothing else.

I mean I don’t think their interests are for the well being of the players. Their track record in that aspect ain’t good. They want the players to be vaccinated because it could hurt their bottom line with players missing games. The NFL hasn’t earn any benefit of doubt from me. 

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I wonder if he is single because he requires his girlfriends to constantly walk around him in circles to keep him feeling like he is the center of the universe.

I thought he had a new gf that seems to be influencing him more.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Do you think the league will come down harder on the player or the team? I don't know why, I feel like the Packers are going to feel the brunt of this, not Rodgers. 

The Pack are absolutely going to be hit hard - just that ARod had a very clear ceiling to his punishment if he had pled ignorance.   Now there's a potential path the league could take (but unlikely IMO, just saying it wasn't there before).

Enforcement of the policy falls on the teams - so it's hard to see how the Pack doesn't get a harsher penalty than A-Rod, given they knew he wasn't vaxxed and let him violate protocol on so many occasions.  So yeah, GB is going to wear this harder than A-Rod IMO.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think so, after 2022 was the transition year based on the contract.
Cap guy Andrew Brandt talked about it on multiple occasions. Rodgers wanted GB to guarantee 2023 and they wouldn't and that's where the impasse was between him and front office

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't think so, after 2022 was the transition year based on the contract.
Cap guy Andrew Brandt talked about it on multiple occasions. Rodgers wanted GB to guarantee 2023 and they wouldn't and that's where the impasse was between him and front office

It'll be interesting. They still save 20 million against the cap next year if they trade him. 27 million in dead cap, but that's not as crazy as it used to be seeing as what the Rams and Eagles have done in recent history. 

Has he been following the Covid protocols for unvaccinated people in the league?

Was the league aware of his refusal to be vaccinated?

He did bend the truth when speaking to the media, but was that the case also on inside talks?