Week 9 GDT - Terrible Towels vs the Terrible HC

Sugashane

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

This was the worst mother ******* officiated game I have ever seen in my life.

I'm still pissed off.

I'm still more fired up about Nagy wasting Santos potential record while guaranteeing we had no shot to win. 

I never wished ill on Trestman, Fox, or trashy people around the league (that I can recall at least) but I'm at that point with this dip****. He can go **** himself. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I believe if Fields had slipped to Patriots nation would be saying he was steal of draft by this point and SF, Broncos and Bears fans would be blowing a gasket.

He would have had a season similar to Herbert last year with Chargers, maybe better.

Nah. belly is playing it safe with Mac.  Mac falling to Belly was a blessing to NE and the best place Mac could've landed. Belly and Saban are long time friends and Belly knew EXACTLY what he was getting in Mac (both positives and negatives) and knew how to use him.  Mac isn't being asked to do too much as a rookie. He's not being asked to win games for them.....he's only being asked to  NOT lose games.

• Like 1

Couple of late comments now that I've seen some game videos.

1) Worst officiated game I've watched in many years.  Corrente is now ranked even lower in my book than Terry McAuliffe and a snakes belly would barely touch the top of his head.

2) First half.  Nagy and his crazy *** schemes and formations that only confuse his own guys was front and center.  Second half.  Lazor says let's just play some football and all of a sudden we have an offense.

3) I love Akiem Hicks but if he expects to remain a Bears he's gonna have to be content with a part time rotation role and far less money.  He can no longer play through the hurts and he's missing way too much time.

4) Cody Whitehair graded out very poorly in pass protection.  What's up with him?

5) Kindle Vildor can't play edge CB.  Moving him to the slot and give someone else a shot.  CB needs to be a priority next spring probably in FA first.

6) DH-C deserves to play more if not start.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Couple of late comments now that I've seen some game videos.

1) Worst officiated game I've watched in many years.  Corrente is now ranked even lower in my book than Terry McAuliffe and a snakes belly would barely touch the top of his head.

2) First half.  Nagy and his crazy *** schemes and formations that only confuse his own guys was front and center.  Second half.  Lazor says let's just play some football and all of a sudden we have an offense.

3) I love Akiem Hicks but if he expects to remain a Bears he's gonna have to be content with a part time rotation role and far less money.  He can no longer play through the hurts and he's missing way too much time.

4) Cody Whitehair graded out very poorly in pass protection.  What's up with him?

5) Kindle Vildor can't play edge CB.  Moving him to the slot and give someone else a shot.  CB needs to be a priority next spring probably in FA first.

6) DH-C deserves to play more if not start.

Nagy gets no credit and all of the blame.  LOL.  Heads I win, tails you lose.

You know he has lost the crowd when this happens.

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nagy gets no credit and all of the blame.  LOL.  Heads I win, tails you lose.

You know he has lost the crowd when this happens.

How in the name of Charlie Farkeson can you give credit to a guy whose teams come out each week looking as under prepared to play as his always do.  It's like they have a weak battery and need to jump started each week.

I mean damn, we're into year four and still have problems with our red zone offense and play calling so again we kick chip shot FGs instead of scoring tds.  Net difference in this last game.....4-8 points.  Enough to have won.

The pure fact that we seem to do better when Nagy isn't around or once again he's tried to jump in and engineer the offense and finally has to admit it's not working before laying back and allowing Lazor to guide tells me all I need to know.

I didn't start out disliking the guy but he's made it very hard to like him as a HC.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, soulman said:

How in the name of Charlie Farkeson can you give credit to a guy whose teams come out each week looking as under prepared to play as his always do.  It's like they have a weak battery and need to jump started each week.

I mean damn, we're into year four and still have problems with our red zone offense and play calling so again we kick chip shot FGs instead of scoring tds.  Net difference in this last game.....4-8 points.  Enough to have won.

The pure fact that we seem to do better when Nagy isn't around or once again he's tried to jump in and engineer the offense and finally has to admit it's not working before laying back and allowing Lazor to guide tells me all I need to know.

I didn't start out disliking the guy but he's made it very hard to like him as a HC.

Three more reasons from last game why Nagy needs to go...

#1 a pass rusher, let alone a guy like TJ Watt, should never have a free run at your QB..and guess what? that happened. So who's fault was that? Someone messed up so that falls on the HC.

#2 another illegal formation penalty out of a timeout. How stupid do you have to be to have this keep happening? It's so embarassing

#3 who thinks that attempting an almost NFL record tying 65 yard FG for the win with a kicker not known for having the leg strength for that instead of chucking up a Hail Mary which could always draw a flag..is a good idea?  To make matters worse he ruined the guys 40 some consecutive FG streak. What a tool!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Three more reasons from last game why Nagy needs to go...

#1 a pass rusher, let alone a guy like TJ Watt, should never have a free run at your QB..and guess what? that happened. So who's fault was that? Someone messed up so that falls on the HC.

#2 another illegal formation penalty out of a timeout. How stupid do you have to be to have this keep happening? It's so embarassing

#3 who thinks that attempting an almost NFL record tying 65 yard FG for the win with a kicker not known for having the leg strength for that instead of chucking up a Hail Mary which could always draw a flag..is a good idea?  To make matters worse he ruined the guys 40 some consecutive FG streak. What a tool!

I’m actually happy he didn’t Hail Mary.  Pitt would have blitzed and that’s one more free shot on Fields.  

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I’m actually happy he didn’t Hail Mary.  Pitt would have blitzed and that’s one more free shot on Fields.  

Still would have had at least a chance unlike with Santos going for a 65 yard FG. I mean if we were going to just accept the loss then let Fields take a knee or run a wildcat play to protect him    lol

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Still would have had at least a chance unlike with Santos going for a 65 yard FG. I mean if we were going to just accept the loss then let Fields take a knee or run a wildcat play to protect him    lol

Heck I welcome the 65 yard try if I am Santos.   Nail it and become a legend.  But I am crazy like that.

I am sure he has kicked a 65 yarder in practice at least a few times.   Otherwise why try it?

Odds are low either way and this save injury risk to Fields.   I just want him to get better, I could care less about Ws and Ls at this point.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I disagree.  Pitt would have rushed 3 guys or 4 max and dropped their secondary to create a shield around the goal line and end zone. 

We would have had no less than 5 OL to handle 3 or 4 rushers and could also have used a TE or a RB to help and still sent 4 guys deep.

On top of that Fields has the mobility to evade a rush and extend the play.  IMHO anything less than max deep coverage would be a crazy call.

There was 0% probability Santos could make that FG.  No one has ever hit a 65 yard FG in that stadium period let alone during a night game in Nov.

Even if there was less than a 10% probability a Hail Mary would succeed the odds of hitting it or getting a PI call were far greater than the odds of making a 65 yard FG.

Chalk this up as just one more reason Nagy will never become a good NFL HC.

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Heck I welcome the 65 yard try if I am Santos.   Nail it and become a legend.  But I am crazy like that.

I am sure he has kicked a 65 yarder in practice at least a few times.   Otherwise why try it?

Odds are low either way and this save injury risk to Fields.   I just want him to get better, I could care less about Ws and Ls at this point.

Bosh.  I don't disagree with you all that often but in this case I'm 100% in disagreement.

Just because Santos MAY have hit from 65 yards on a summer day on his own practice field with zero pressure and no rush in his face isn't any kind of a good or logical reason for trying it in November in a road game in a stadium he may never have kicked in before.

The odds against it were awful.  His longest is 55 yards and that's about what he got.

Even the best Pitts own PK has down there is 56 yards and he's accustomed to kicking there.

With Pitt rushing 3 guys and dropping 8 and given Fields mobility there was little chance anyone would have even gotten to Fields before he could unload.  Santos was not gonna be the hero that night but no matter how slight that chance might be Fields could have been along with whoever came down with the ball in all of the chaos around the end zone.

Brother I would make the Hail Mary call 100 time out of 100 give the same situation.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

No way in hell bud. After 170+ FGs you know what a kicker can do in distance. He isn't stepping back 30 feet from his all-time best and knocking it down. Do you know what the record is at Heinz Field? 56 yards. Justin Tucker just broke the league record at 66 in great conditions, there was literally a 0% chance Santos made that. Justin Tucker couldn't have done it there.

If Nagy is too scared to throw Fields out there then sub one of the other QBs in. Who cares if they take a hit? At least make them earn their overpayment by throwing one pass. Winging the ball downfield isn't something they need to be on point with and surely either could throw it far enough to at least challenge it - or even try to draw a penalty. Why let him even take them down the field if you won't let him finish it out? Accept the L and kneel if that is the case.

As far as the W and L, I want to lose out until Nagy is fired. But I hate cowardice/incompetence and that's exactly what I think that was. He didn't put them in a position to actually win, but now Nagy will try to say he helped do just that - "the kicker just missed."

I can guaranteed that if that was GB facing that same decision there's no way anyone would take the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands and leave it up to Mason Crosby's foot and at least in college has has kicked 65 yard FGs.

And the even scarier part is there's maybe a 1 in 3 chance Rodgers converts.  He's done it before.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

No way in hell bud. After 170+ FGs you know what a kicker can do in distance. He isn't stepping back 30 feet from his all-time best and knocking it down. Do you know what the record is at Heinz Field? 56 yards. Justin Tucker just broke the league record at 66 in great conditions, there was literally a 0% chance Santos made that. Justin Tucker couldn't have done it there.

If Nagy is too scared to throw Fields out there then sub one of the other QBs in. Who cares if they take a hit? At least make them earn their overpayment by throwing one pass. Winging the ball downfield isn't something they need to be on point with and surely either could throw it far enough to at least challenge it - or even try to draw a penalty. Why let him even take them down the field if you won't let him finish it out? Accept the L and kneel if that is the case.

As far as the W and L, I want to lose out until Nagy is fired. But I hate cowardice/incompetence and that's exactly what I think that was. He didn't put them in a position to actually win, but now Nagy will try to say he helped do just that - "the kicker just missed."

They should have done a medium pass and a bunch of laterals.

• Like 2