Week 9 GDT - Terrible Towels vs the Terrible HC

Sugashane

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Lotta ifs. If refs don't call a bunch of bogus penalties, especially the one that took away that Jimmy Graham TD, then we most likely win but it's all good tho because while a win would have been nice for Fields, a loss only helps more to get Nagy out by end of season. A win there might have instilled more confidence in Nagy and given people false hope this team can actually make playoffs

This is why I'm pretty thrilled overall with the way the game went...

Despite the team in general being an unorganized ****show that couldn't even line up right offensively and constantly shot themselves in the foot penalty wise, Fields actually found some chemistry with receiving targets AND TIGHT ENDS and kept us in this game.  Borom looked solid again, this time against Watt... and no one had any major injuries.  Obviously I'm a bit concerned the defense is springing some major leaks, and the OL interior is still a joke, but that went about as well as it could go for the long term future of the team. This whole year is about Fields and the future without the current coaching regime.... Tonight was a big win in that regard.

Honestly my biggest real complaint is that we screwed Cairos "Carlos" Santos out of his potential record by forcing a really stupid kick to end the game.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Lotta ifs. If refs don't call a bunch of bogus penalties, especially the one that took away that Jimmy Graham TD, then we most likely win but it's all good tho because while a win would have been nice for Fields, a loss only helps more to get Nagy out by end of season. A win there might have instilled more confidence in Nagy and given people false hope this team can actually make playoffs

I looked at the schedule prior to the season and I saw this team struggling. The defense taking a step back back (thanks to the secondary and poor decisions) and the offense relying on Dalton (lol) and a rookie QB.  

In short, I've accepted the fact this was an 8 win team from jump loooong ago. In fact, I actually went through the entire NFL schedule and picked each game for every team before the season and I had us at exactly 8 wins.

But I didn't care about that and I still dont. What I do care about is  NOT damaging Fields.

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

This is why I'm pretty thrilled overall with the way the game went...

Despite the team in general being an unorganized ****show that couldn't even line up right offensively and constantly shot themselves in the foot penalty wise, Fields actually found some chemistry with receiving targets AND TIGHT ENDS and kept us in this game.  Borom looked solid again, this time against Watt... and no one had any major injuries.  Obviously I'm a bit concerned the defense is springing some major leaks, and the OL interior is still a joke, but that went about as well as it could go for the long term future of the team. This whole year is about Fields and the future without the current coaching regime.... Tonight was a big win in that regard.

Honestly my biggest real complaint is that we screwed Cairos "Carlos" Santos out of his potential record by forcing a really stupid kick to end the game.

Just goes to show even moreso how lost Nagy is.

There's no chance Santos makes that FG

You need to go for the Hail Mary there 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I looked at the schedule prior to the season and I saw this team struggling. The defense taking a step back back (thanks to the secondary and poor decisions) and the offense relying on Dalton (lol) and a rookie QB.  

In short, I've accepted the fact this was an 8 win team from jump loooong ago. In fact, I actually went through the entire NFL schedule and picked each game for every team before the season and I had us at exactly 8 wins.

But I didn't care about that and I still dont. What I do care about is  NOT damaging Fields.

Agreed tho I think 8 wins is a huge huge stretch at this point. 

I can't see this team winning more than 6 games with their remaining schedule

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

but really, i know how much you love packers people posting in here, but after a game like that where you got boned, its painful to see because it can happen to (almost) anyone

Fields looked legit and for that you should have optimism for the future. 

and watching the press conferences, i loved some of the bears interviews.

and hey, we are the only nfc north teams to win a title, and lets keep it that way, amiright

Packers fans are nicer to me than this forum generally (per the last two pages lol) so you're more than welcome here. 

This is what most of us saw in him but without proper coaching he will be damn near Trubisky'd. 

Definitely. I was able to root for the Vikings in situations for Uncle Bucks sake but he had moved on,  so they're dead to me.  Lions, I just.... I just can't. Lol

So here is why you get excited about Justin Fields...5am in the morning over here the game finishes...we lose...I jump into bed and don't get to sleep for at least another hour because I am thinking about the possibility that this guy might finally be the one to change the narrative around Bears QB play...he might actually become the best QB in Bears history...that alone is something for this fan base to hold on to through the next few weeks of inept coaching we will continue to see.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So here is why you get excited about Justin Fields...5am in the morning over here the game finishes...we lose...I jump into bed and don't get to sleep for at least another hour because I am thinking about the possibility that this guy might finally be the one to change the narrative around Bears QB play...he might actually become the best QB in Bears history...that alone is something for this fan base to hold on to through the next few weeks of inept coaching we will continue to see.   

This way of thinking before his career even gets going is going to make you more hostile towards him when he messes up and doesn’t become the best QB in bears history. 

After waking up the next day… wow Nagy really went for a 65 yard field goal instead of trying a Hail Mary. In what world would you assume you could make a kick Justin Tucker himself barely made. ~63 yard long was the nfl record for a long time for a reason. Has to be one of the worst coaching decisions he’s made in his career and it totally f’s over Santos who’s been absolutely killing it for us after we were in kicker purgatory. The reason I’m not angrier about it is we need stuff like this to work against us to get his sorry a outta town. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

This way of thinking before his career even gets going is going to make you more hostile towards him when he messes up and doesn’t become the best QB in bears history. 

The thing is I honestly think he will...I think he is the most naturally talented guy playing in an era where passing the ball is easier than ever.

Looking back on the game and putting aside the fact those refs need to be fired this morning a few things stood out...

Fields looked outstanding...he is so calm throughout the game not getting too high or too low regardless of if he has just had a big completion or been sacked...his arm strength and ability to make every throw makes it even more frustrating that we don't seem to open up the offence until the 2nd half of every game...let him play...forget the rookie tag...

Monty looked really good in his return but I was really disappointed that Herbert only had 4 carries...he is better than that and we need more of a balance between the two of them...

Nice to see Robinson remember he is a WR...he played far better than any any other game this season but he still isn't a part of the future here...I still think we need to use Mooney more in the deep passing game...

We finally got to see what Kmet can do down the seem...he and Fields seem to be getting a bit of a connection and that is something we 100% need to do more of because he is a talented kid...just needs to the opportunity...someone cut Graham and let Horsted take his few snaps...

Interior OL especially Daniels & Mustipher are still a major weakness for this team especially in pass pro...Peters was solid...I though as much as T.J Watt had 3 sacks Borom actually held up really well and I would only put one of the sacks on him...the 1st was on Daniels giving up quick pressure in Fields face...the 2nd on an idiotic play design that let him walk into the backfield...the 3rd one Fields tried to step up and was meet by Watt beating Borom inside and Whitehair losing an interior defender as well...

Goldman had himself a game up front and was by far our best defender consistently winning the LOS especially in the run game..was nice to see him finally looking like his old self...disappointed with what we got from Nichols who seemed to disappear...Hicks wasn't much better...Blackson had a solid game..

Roquan is a beast inside and the quicker we get him looked up long term the better...Danny T doesn't have much left at all...Quinn had a nice sack but two stupid penalties...

Vildor is going to learn a lot from this season...needs to move back to nickel but hopefully long term this season of being beaten like a drum will help him...the blown coverages continue and again anyone who think that Eddie Jackson isn't an important part of this D needs to watch more...

Coaching as usual was way behind the curve and we need a full clean out...at least they don't seem to be destroying Fields.

• Like 2