I present to you, the worst draft of all-time

RaidersAreOne

bp7pd8g8kzo3za4dwn9n.jpg

• Round 1, Pick No. 12: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama - Jail.
  • Round 1, Pick No. 19: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State - Cut.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 80: Lynn Bowden Jr., RB/WR, Kentucky - Traded before taking a regular season snap.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 81: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina - Was a depth WR, but now traded.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 100: Tanner Muse, S, Clemson - Cut before taking a regular season snap.
  • Round 4, Pick No. 109: John Simpson, G, Clemson - Was starting LG but only due to Incognito injury. Depth at best.
  • Round 4, Pick No. 139: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech - Depth CB at best.

Edit: Updated the OP to reflect recent Edwards trade.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 11

It has the added benefit of being a bad draft class at the time, and with hindsight. I remember Muse and Arnette being graded as reaches. I remember the Ruggs pick seeming fine, but questionable given other WRs available. I remember confusion on how they'd fit Ruggs, Bowden, and Edwards all on the depth chart (and sure enough, Bowden didn't last.) Sometimes you get busted picks like Seattle taking Aaron Curry, where anyone would've done the same, it just didn't work out. But this was a draft that everyone was skeptical about at the time, and it still turned out worse than anyone could have imagined.

• Like 5

On 4/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, Trojan said:

Doing this strictly off the big board I posted in the big board thread, instead of live since I was doing my expansion team live, but off my big board from a week ago I would have ended up with:

1.12 Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

1.19 Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah

3.80 Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma

3.81 Akeem Davis Gaither, OLB Appalachian State

3.100 Amik Robinson, CB Louisiana Tech

4.109 Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky

4.139 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan

Just about if not everyone in the thread does better than Mayock did lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Browns drafted Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel in the same draft lol

….we got Joel Bitonio in that draft

….so yes…. You some how managed to have a worse draft class than Cleveland. That’s incredible.

Our 2015 class might be as bad.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/5/5/8557435/reviewing-the-cleveland-browns-2015-nfl-draft

Edited by candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, and Pierre Desir are all still at least decent NFL players though. That trio is far better than the remaining Raiders class of Bryan Edwards, John Simpson, and Amik Robertson.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yeah, but you got Bitonio in the second who has been one of the better guards in the league since. 

*edit* 

I was way late to the party on this one. Everyone else already said it lol 

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

….we got Joel Bitonio in that draft

….so yes…. You some how managed to have a worse draft class than Cleveland. That’s incredible.

Our 2015 class might be as bad.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/5/5/8557435/reviewing-the-cleveland-browns-2015-nfl-draft

2012 draft was worse IMO.

Trent Richardson at 3 was horrendous and Brandon Weeden in the first round?

Mitchell Schwartz was the only decent player in that draft, but he cant make up for it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Just about if not everyone in the thread does better than Mayock did lol

If Mayock was the one selecting those players then yes he needs to go but I am not sure who is to blame for our draft deficiency's.  We were drafting pretty bad before Mayock got here.  Our best picks have been late round selections and most in here think those are the choices that Mayock actually makes.  Mark needs to figure who had control over this cluster f#$% of a situation and make a decision on Mayock.