Vikings OG Dakota Dozier hospitalized w/ COVID

kingseanjohn

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Literally no one has ever claimed that in the history of ever....

Uh, yeah, they have, a BUNCH. Open your eyes and ears.
How about this one: "the only way to stop the spread is to get vaccinated"? That one's a knee slapper.

• Like 4

Maybe if vaccinated players got tested every day (like unvaccinated players have to), this would have been caught earlier and he'd never have got severely ill.

Maybe using the testing regimen to coerce use of a vaccine (which admittedly doesn't prevent infection or transmission), instead of just testing everyone the same, is a bad idea.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Maybe if vaccinated players got tested every day (like unvaccinated players have to), this would have been caught earlier and he'd never have got severely ill.

Maybe using the testing regimen to coerce use of a vaccine (which admittedly doesn't prevent infection or transmission), instead of just testing everyone the same, is a bad idea.

Interesting point. I don't know if this is for TAST or not (I honestly only visit the Pats forum and NFL Gen, News and Comparisons so I didn't know it existed until this week) but I can see how the policy could backfire in two ways 1. creating a grievance which hardens attitudes and 2. simply not testing 90% of the league often enough. 

Of course my main thought is that I hope that Dozier recovers quickly.

I also wonder if a lot of lineman will take the Joe Thomas route after retirement too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Uh, yeah, they have, a BUNCH. Open your eyes and ears.
How about this one: "the only way to stop the spread is to get vaccinated"? That one's a knee slapper.

44 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

But wait, if you're "vaccinated" you can't get Covid.....

I hope he gets better soon, and is able to get back on the field. Lung damage is no joke.

I welcome you to keep COVID-related discussion in this thread:

Leave this one to football. Thank you.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Discussion related to this idea is probably okay for the scope of this thread so long as the discussion stays on how this would benefit the NFL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

This is 100% true, and I’m 100% provaccine. The NFLs  COVID policy is a complete joke. The vaccine has been associated with reduced hospitalization and death, but evidence that it actually prevents acquiring and spreading is much more questionable. Yet the NFL’s policies are making those assumptions…which is stupid. I do think that the current policies are nothing but smoke and mirrors…a bunch of carrot dangling and shaming. The NFL is a joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I welcome you to keep COVID-related discussion in this thread:

Leave this one to football. Thank you.

I appreciate this. It is football related if we look at the policies by the NFL, the recent Aaron Rogers issues, and the ongoing battle that keeps getting worse, even though we (collective society) have no clue what's happening with this thing, starting with "2 weeks to flatten the curve" 2 years ago, vaccines be damned.

But hey, according to the Green Bay fans, if we're not sheep, we're dumb.

*research pending - chat soon!

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

29 close contacts? Will they be able to field a team this weekend??

Depends on how many of those 29 were unvaccinated versus vaccinated. If they’re all vaccinated, I see a low chance of anything happening because both Dozier and the exposed were vaccinated, therefore reducing the risk of transmission and infection.