GDT - Week 10 - vs relevant only due to constant failure

Hunter2_1

15 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Judon says he wears those red sleeves so his opponents can't see him bleed. Similar reason Cleveland wears brown pants. Apparently.

Timeless joke….as a dad, one of my favorites to constantly work into conversations lol

What. A. Win. A statement win. For as much crap I've given McDaniels this season for his play-calling, I have to tip my cap and say today he called a masterpiece. End-arounds with Bourne (kind of gave me Robert Woods and the Rams vibes) and screens to try to limit Myles Garrett (who has been arguably the DPOY) was brilliant. It seems like his finding his stride in terms of how to best use the pieces of this offense, coupled with the OL rounding into form and getting healthy.

Can we talk about this draft class? Mac, Stevenson, Barmore- all looking like homeruns.

Mac continues to amaze me, and I will continue to state/remind people that this is a rookie, who looks absolutely nothing like one. I'm just so excited about his future, and now the off-season goal should be to keep adding pieces around him.

Stevenson is a beast; he is extremely nimble + balanced as a runner. It's fun to watch- he almost like glides. I think he's our best all around back, and he needs to be a focal point of the offense moving forward.

Offensive line was dominant. Even Harry was making plays in the run game as a blocker. A lot of teammates were complimentary of Harry in their post-game comments. I know it's not what we were all expecting from a 1st round WR, but it's nice to see him at least making an impact in some way.

We missed Gunner on punt returns today.

Dugger was everywhere today. He seems like to be building confidence as the season goes on.

Just an all around *** kicking- it was really fun to watch. Now we have to take care of business with a short week against the Falcons. It looks like they may be without one of their key offensive pieces in our old friend C-Pat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

What. A. Win. A statement win. For as much crap I've given McDaniels this season for his play-calling, I have to tip my cap and say today he called a masterpiece. End-arounds with Bourne (kind of gave me Robert Woods and the Rams vibes) and screens to try to limit Myles Garrett (who has been arguably the DPOY) was brilliant. It seems like his finding his stride in terms of how to best use the pieces of this offense, coupled with the OL rounding into form and getting healthy.

Can we talk about this draft class? Mac, Stevenson, Barmore- all looking like homeruns.

Mac continues to amaze me, and I will continue to state/remind people that this is a rookie, who looks absolutely nothing like one. I'm just so excited about his future, and now the off-season goal should be to keep adding pieces around him.

Stevenson is a beast; he is extremely nimble + balanced as a runner. It's fun to watch- he almost like glides. I think he's our best all around back, and he needs to be a focal point of the offense moving forward.

Offensive line was dominant. Even Harry was making plays in the run game as a blocker. A lot of teammates were complimentary of Harry in their post-game comments. I know it's not what we were all expecting from a 1st round WR, but it's nice to see him at least making an impact in some way.

Dugger was everywhere today. He seems like to be building confidence as the season goes on.

Just an all around *** kicking- it was really fun to watch. Now we have to take care of business with a short week against the Falcons. It looks like they may be without one of their key offensive pieces in our old friend C-Pat.

ALL of that and we even left four turnovers out there. 

We abused them mentally and physically

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Without looking, can you guess who the Pats' top-rated DB on PFF is?

It's definitely not who you think.

(by the way, this is not to imply PFF is somehow trustworthy, I was just shocked to see this)

Phillips or Bryant, probably Bryant the way you are wording it. He's been the most consistent imo. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Agreed on Stevenson, said it last week, he is the most talented RB on the roster. He actually does look like a really good pass catching back as well, just needs to improve his pass blocking.

Harry is actually worth keeping now beyond this year because his run blocking this year has been elite. He is actually valuable for a team that's running as much as the Patriots. The Patriots will most likely get rid of Agholor next year again because he is underwhelming. Get a star WR in FA (well, because drafting is not our strength there) and Harry can be the main blocking WR on run plays. The way he washed away Garrett on the one Stevenson TD was sick.

Everybody except for Jonnu Smith who sucked at playing or coaching a month ago has contributed in significant ways to the turn around. Doing their part by merely meeting expectations; playing to their level rather than their opponents. Devin McCourty, Josh McDaniels, Kyle Dugger, Kyle Van Noy, Brandon Bolden in particular have earned shout outs for a 180 degree turn for the better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

if Smith misses more  time, I really want to see Harry pick up some of that role. Maybe get some favorable matchups against safeties and LBs.

I want to see Harry more in general. The guy is obviously putting in major effort, he should at least be given a couple targets a game to show if he can step up. He's made multiple contested catches in his limited opportunities and bare minimum should be out there in the red zone catching passes. 

It's tough though because it's hard to see who you would really take off the field for him.. 

-> Bourne has turned into the perfect Patriot.. they aren't going to take him off the field

-> Meyers, while I don't think he is a long term solution in the slot given his lack of speed.. Isn't going to lose playing time to Harry 

-> Agholor hasn't produced big numbers, but I doubt he would get taken off the field either because he is the only guy on the team with enough speed to create space for the other guys. 

Short of Bourne/Meyers getting injured I doubt he gets a lot of targets.

Trent Brown back really brought some assurance to this offensive line as unit. The way he takes up space is like having an extra blocker lol. It's insane how much of a wall he puts up. No question how much of an asset he is as long as he is available.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 3