Elden Ring

showtime

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

You don't remember that Titanite Demon in the small room in Anor Londo in DS1? The one that was essentially in the way of the run back to O&S? He regularly killed players who would enter his room, aggro him, realize he was tough, attempt to leave, and get killed by his huge staff through the wall. This has always been a thing. In DS2 even, the Old Iron King's laser beam attack would hit you through anything.

Titanite Demon was my first thought. That was brutal. Room is too small and he clips the wall when you leave to kill your. Screw that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

The final boss (or the pre-final boss, I guess) has the most annoyingly timed attacks, coupled with seemingly unavoidable AOE follow-ups. I swear. I really hope they at least nerf the AOE stuff because he's a headache to fight solo.

I found that sometimes he'd get into this loop when every time I go to hit him he teleports away, and his teleport includes a small AoE attack that will always hit if you're mid-attacking where he just was. Repeat until I start swearing at him. Then he stops. Eventually.

12 hours ago, Apparition said:

The final boss (or the pre-final boss, I guess) has the most annoyingly timed attacks, coupled with seemingly unavoidable AOE follow-ups. I swear. I really hope they at least nerf the AOE stuff because he's a headache to fight solo.

You can roll through the shockwave of all his AOE’s.  Once you get the hang of that, you can almost beat him without getting touched.

Radahn got seriously nerfed in the newest patch. 

Fought him a second time today without using summons and it was way too easy. According to a dude who checked the code: 

-hitboxes reduced by 40%

-8%-10% damage reduction 

-Homing orbs in the second phase have been very modified 

And apparently many other changes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Radahn got seriously nerfed in the newest patch. 

Fought him a second time today without using summons and it was way too easy. According to a dude who checked the code: 

-hitboxes reduced by 40%

-8%-10% damage reduction 

-Homing orbs in the second phase have been very modified 

And apparently many other changes 

He is supposed to be the 3rd major boss you face after Godrick & Renalla. I'm glad they nerfed him a bit. IMO I think they should buff the two bosses in the capital. By the time most people fight them they are close to 100 and they are just so easy in comparison to Radahn or frankly even the gimmicky Rykard. 

31 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

He is supposed to be the 3rd major boss you face after Godrick & Renalla. I'm glad they nerfed him a bit. IMO I think they should buff the two bosses in the capital. By the time most people fight them they are close to 100 and they are just so easy in comparison to Radahn or frankly even the gimmicky Rykard. 

Sort of. Radahn is optional. You don’t need to face him to beat the game. 

Problem is that Caelid is pretty easy to get to while the Capitol is locked, you need either a medallion to or a convoluted secret path to get to Altus and thus Gelmir, and the Mountaintop of Giants is locked. 

Also Radahn locks Nokron, which locks Nokstella, which locks lake of Rot, which locks one of the endings, which also locks getting an Item that allows you to get Fia’s ending. This also locks you away from these boss fights 

1. Mimic Tear

2. Regal Ancestral Spirit 

3. Dragonskin Soldier of Nokstella 

4. Lichdragon Fortisax

5. Astel Naturalborn of the Void.

6. Valiant Gargoyles 

All of which are trophy achievements. 

So he’s optional but he’s integral to do a huge portion of the game and get to 3 of the 5 major underground areas and 6 major achievement bosses. That’s not even talking about all the cool gear locked behind it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

You can roll through the shockwave of all his AOE’s.  Once you get the hang of that, you can almost beat him without getting touched.

I don't even think the AOE is the worst of it, honestly. The worst is when he casts chasing stars, which fill up the screen and continuously damage you WHILE STILL DOING HIS OTHER BIG AOE ATTACKS. I can't stand when enemies do **** that clutters the screen like that.

I'm level 100, finally at the capital, and I feel way overpowered. I went and struggled through Caelid and Radahn (pre-nerf) because I wanted to go through Nokrom and Nokstella, which are awesome areas, but now I'm kind of regretting that. I think there is a big difficulty/power spike immediately after the capital, but I'm breezing through this right now. I beat the draconic tree sentinel in about a minute without breaking a sweat.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I'm level 100, finally at the capital, and I feel way overpowered. I went and struggled through Caelid and Radahn (pre-nerf) because I wanted to go through Nokrom and Nokstella, which are awesome areas, but now I'm kind of regretting that. I think there is a big difficulty/power spike immediately after the capital, but I'm breezing through this right now. I beat the draconic tree sentinel in about a minute without breaking a sweat.

You really are supposed to hit the capital after Liurnia

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You really are supposed to hit the capital after Liurnia

I understand that, but it really doesn't make much sense. The most notable way to get to the Altus Plateau is the Dectus lift, but the 2nd half of the medallion to activate it is deep in Caelid. Following Alexander and Blaidd's questlines, 2 of the most likeable and memorable NPCs, takes you to the Radahn festival.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think most who reach the capital are probably over leveled. IMO the main bosses go:

1. Godrick

2. Rennalla

3. Radahn

4. Rykard

5. Capital Bosses 

That is also assuming like you and I that you don't explore a large contingent of the underground or Mohg (Can be cheesed at an incredibly low level).