Dude Teddy.

dll2000

Good idea to avoid injury or milque toast move?  (It's milque toast)   My bad.  Familiar with term, just never seen it spelled out.   I guess it comes from an old cartoon character named milquetoast.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milquetoast

Is it ever okay for a QB to pass on a tackle? I would say yes.  Is this situation one of them?  I would say no.  

Edited by dll2000

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Good idea to avoid injury or milk toast move?

Is it ever okay for a QB to pass on a tackle? I would say yes.  Is this situation one of them?  I would say no.  

Given his history with non-contact injuries, I don't blame him. Yeah, it was a poor attempt, but protect yourself...

• Like 5

Pay him beyond the year with guarantees, or at least have kept Von so you could argue a wildcard run. What does a guy that's suffered a brutal injury have to gain by attempting the tackle? Maybe 7 points?  Denver hasn't committed to him beyond this year, and this year is medium-low end back up salary. He gets hurt and his reputation and future earnings plummet much more than his reputation and future earnings by making no effort. That said if he threw a pick and did this I feel like he has a little more responsibility as it was his turn over, this case MGIII fumbled deep.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Given his history with non-contact injuries, I don't blame him. Yeah, it was a poor attempt, but protect yourself...

I saw someone said if Teddy believed in this team and season he goes for it.  I would agree with that sentiment.  

You could argue that if he believed in this season he wouldn’t risk himself on one play.   

I don’t buy it.  He made a business decision for himself and his career.  Which will likely be as a back up after this season.  Unless someone wants to try to go .500 or .600 with a serviceable vet for the year.

Bronco fans seem upset about it.   I would be.  

I think situation matters.   It’s a close game at time.  The runner is a CB.  He is right next to you.  Easy tackle.   

Sprinting across field threw traffic and blockers to tackle a big guy with full head steam may be a bad plan.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He made a business decision for himself and his career.  Which will likely be as a back up after this season.  Unless someone wants to try to go .500 or .600 with a serviceable vet for the year

There's a market out there for this sort of serviceable vet. I'd imagine whoever drafts Malik Willis or Desmond Ridder will probably want a guy like Teddy to hold it down until Willis/Ridder is ready.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't going to play forever, despite the jokes. Someone has to take on the mantle of "best journeyman QB" and Bridgewater is really set up nicely for such a role.

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I saw someone said if Teddy believed in this team and season he goes for it.

Denver just traded away their best pass rusher for a 2/3 - why should Teddy believe in this team/season if the FO doesn't believe in this team/season?

• Like 9

I think he could've had a better hustle to get out ahead of him and try to slow him down, but yeah I don't see the point in him laying out for the tackle. We've seen many a QB make minimal contact on a pick-6, usually it's a business decision.