17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

54 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Arrieta will be 32 on opening day.  I get why teams wouldn't want to anything more than 3-4 years.  Waiting another year isn't going to help that.  If I'm him I cash in on the first 4 year deal he can get.

He really should.  At least for the first 4 year deal for reasonable AAV.  A 2 mph drop in velo, combined with less command and significantly fewer groundballs, is quite frankly a frightening combination.  I have nothing but love for Jake, but I also want him nowhere near my team on the contract he'll get.  Even if it's only 4 years.

1 hour ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Twins are about to come out of this offseason with Jaime Garcia as there big SP addition...

At least they are trying. Minnesota might be a hard sell, but it sounds like the front office is trying to upgrade the pitching staff.

You might have to hope that Romero or Gonslaves is somewhat of an answer there. I do like Romero a good bit.

16 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if they trade Whitley or Tucker in any deal.  Now a Martes/Fisher led package on the other hand...

Agree. I won't get into whether it's worth it or not, but I'll say that I'd be shocked if we dealt one of them. Though Tucker would be considerably less surprising than Whitley. 

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Agree. I won't get into whether it's worth it or not, but I'll say that I'd be shocked if we dealt one of them. Though Tucker would be considerably less surprising than Whitley. 

Its actually Astros fans in my mentions on twitter thinking Tucker is good value to give up for Realmuto.  C isnt even a huge need for us.  We can worry about C when the time comes and McCann a FA after this season. 

4 hours ago, CAS22 said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if they trade Whitley or Tucker in any deal.  Now a Martes/Fisher led package on the other hand...

For the upteenth time, Fisher doesn't have that kind of value that you believe he does.  And Martes' stock has gone down as well.

Archived