Mack will be placed on season ending IR

beardown3231

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

This smells like building excuses to justify bringing Nagy back next season...

(I'm of the opinion Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon)

I believe we've passed the point of no return for that.  Besides, it was offensive progress Nagy is being held responsible for not defensive progress.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, G08 said:

This smells like building excuses to justify bringing Nagy back next season...

(I'm of the opinion Pace isn't going anywhere anytime soon)

🤣 I was just going to say...Nagy in his season ending meeting with upper management as to why he doesn't deserve to be fired is going to point out that his best player was injured for most of the 1st half of the season and out for the 2nd half of the season.

I'd like to think George and Ted are not that dumb to buy it...but they actually might just be that..

As for Mack going on IR it's the right call. This season is a lost one and it's now mostly about developing Fields and seeing who belongs to stay in the mini rebuild moving forward and who doesn't.

45 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Should've traded Mack when we had the chance....guy is declining fast.

I disagree. He is still very good and had a pretty solid start to the season. Wouldn't have received much in return in a trade and Bears would have to take on a huge dead cap hit next season if he were to be traded. Bears are a better team with this guy than without.

I think the guy who's declining and who they should have traded earlier when he was asking for a new contract is Akiem Hicks. Now he'll be gone this offseason with nothing to be had in return. Sad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Wouldn't the dead cap hit be crippling had they dealt him? 

Yes.  It's also possible that they had no buyers, seems like fans (guilty) always imagine a bustling trade market and can envision getting a slate of picks, but in reality teams are saying "if he's good why you trying to move him" and staying put. 

Look on the brightside,  the defense should allow scores faster and Fields gets more time on the field. 

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

Should've traded Mack when we had the chance....guy is declining fast.

I don't think anything about Mack's play showed decline this season...if anything finally getting some help from Quinn made Mack really effective even playing through injury.

• Like 1