Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

Neat little note. Charles Woodson was honored at halftime. Rodgers came out to warm up at halftime, dont think that's a normal occurrence.. but also he warmed up pregame which isnt normal at all. Anyways, Charles went over to Rodgers after his speech and dapped up and then went off. Warm fuzzy moment.

Just cool to see Wood back on the field for a night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I win the breakout guy of the year award. Nerds.

I wonder what tender the Packers will put on Nijman this off season. It should be a no brainer you put at least a 2nd round pick on the guy but with our cap situation can we afford the extra million or so it costs?

• Like 1

I'm seeing a number of posts praising and advocating for EQ > Lazard posts.   

What did he do that we're enthused about?  (Yesterday's game was blacked out for me, so I only got it via radio).  He made the one catch, a little wide-open 7-yard pass coming out of the backfield.  And he had one other incomplete target downfield, in which he was unable to get himself open at all and Aaron threw it up to him in double-coverage.  On the radio, they had him with several good ST plays.  

But those wanting more EQ > Lazard, what are you seeing?  

To my eyes, he's usually used as a package H-back pass-protection guy in the backfield.  And then allowed to leak out to the line of scrimmage as a checkdown option.  He has been used effectively several times jet-sweep/reverse type plays, I love those.  

But in terms of actually running a route from scrimmage beyond the line, has he gotten more than 5 targets or actually caught more than one ball >5 yards beyond the LOS this year?  Maybe so, I probably just don't remember.  

It may be that MLF just doesn't see him as suited to function beyond what his actual function has been, and just doesn't see him as a guy you really want to send out on routes or to receive targets >5 yards deep?  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

What did he do that we're enthused about?  (Yesterday's game was blacked out for me, so I only got it via radio).  He made the one catch, a little wide-open 7-yard pass coming out of the backfield.  And he had one other incomplete target downfield, in which he was unable to get himself open at all and Aaron threw it up to him in double-coverage.  On the radio, they had him with several good ST plays.  

To my eyes, he's usually used as a package H-back pass-protection guy in the backfield.  And then allowed to leak out to the line of scrimmage as a checkdown option.  He has been used effectively several times jet-sweep/reverse type plays, I love those.  

But in terms of actually running a route from scrimmage beyond the line, has he gotten more than 5 targets or actually caught more than one ball >5 yards beyond the LOS this year?  Maybe so, I probably just don't remember.  

It may be that MLF just doesn't see him as suited to function beyond what his actual function has been, and just doesn't see him as a guy you really want to send out on routes or to receive targets >5 yards deep?  

Just eyeballing his play yesterday....he just looks more intense and focused.  He's always had the talent, just couldn't stay on the field.  I've always pulled for him and I think he's just coming into his own on the field.  Also, somehow he's earned Rodger's trust and that is no small thing!

Soapbox:  EQ for me:

I saw promise his rookie season. He missed year 2 due to injury. He's not elevated (or revisited) his rookie promise.

Doesnt mean he's lost it.

He's been playing better (and staying healthy) in recent weeks. I think he's earned more targets. I hope he resigns with us next year. Tall and fast WR's are nice to have around.

Stepping down from the soapbox :)

Edited by Leader

19 minutes ago, craig said:

It's not necessarily about EQ at this point, it's about anything but Lazard. Lazard has regressed from last year, due to injury or otherwise he's not getting it done. In almost every metric he's down from the last 2 years. Worst catch rate by FAR in his career. 

The rams weren't allowing outside releases last night with DA or MVS. Lazard they'd just go heads up and let Williams, all 5'9 of him, lock down Lazard.

Somebody needs a shot and EQ is the next on the list. 

Not saying bench Lazard and bar him from the field, but the rotation needs to increse in favor of the next guy up. And it's trending that direction. Middle of the season Lazards playing 80%+ of snaps, now down to ~60%

Edited by HighCalebR