Did you know there was a game on?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know there was a game on?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but I don't care
    • No, and I still don't care.

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Staley really does deserve COTY consideration.   

Consider this:

-He's literally been the difference for the LV game and the KC game with his 4th down calls.  Those were literal game-winners.

-It's not his fault GM Telesco won't value getting run-stuffing defenders - but he's adjusted in a MASSIVE way:

Now, they were 6th in EPA vs. the pass when they weren't so stacked box-heavy; and on paper they struggled in the pass game - but that coincided with losing most of their DB's.    I think Staley's found the balance - and with his CB's back, and the ILB's back to help support the run, they're still vulnerable vs. run-heavy teams, especially in neutral game scripts - but when they're up like this, the game flows so perfectly into what they want to do.  

All of which to say, I can truly say Staley's won the Chargers 2 games because of his coaching.  And I think his adjustment on D might be saving their season now.    Honestly, if LAC wins the AFCW, no matter who is the #1 seed in either conference, Staley easily gets my vote.

Back to the game - this is where Herbert gets to show MVP-level ability - avoid the TO's, and watch them drive again.    This is the team I see winning the AFCW, if they can stay healthy.   Next offseason, if Telesco finally invests in run D support with a true run-stuffing DT as a priority early pick or FA, watch out.   Even now, with their O, that coaching, pass rush and secondary, if they can avoid falling behind.....there's no team they can't beat.   There's also no team they can't lose to, if that said team can get ahead and lean on the run game to keep the ball away from Herbert & co.

Staley also won us the Browns and Eagles game with his 4th down calls. He’s been directly responsible for all the wins in that way except the WFT game. The Vikings loss was a shocker in part because he went away from the 4th down calls while Zimmer didn’t.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Sutton just came offsides to put them closer to the FG range and has allowed 4 catches for 66 yards on 5 targets tonight.

He was trying to make a play that the team desperately needs. Compared to a guy like Devin Bush who can't even put forth the effort on top of just sucking.

Most of the yardage he's allowed came on the one completion to Allen where he had solid coverage. Herbert made a perfect throw between him and the safety.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Sutton has out played Nelson.

No he hasnt.

Sutton has been solid all year.

I disagree.

I will stop before I just outright insult you.

Okay tough guy.