vike daddy

@ San Franscisco
@ Detroit
vs Pittsburgh
@ Chicago
vs LA Rams
@ Green Bay
vs Chicago

My guess is that they go 5-2 down the stretch and grab the 6th or 7th seed. This SF game is going to be crucial for getting one of the Wild Card spots.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

1. Cardinals (9-2), 2. Packers (8-3), 3. Cowboys (7-3), 4. Buccaneers (6-3)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Rams (7-3): @ Packers, Jaguars, @ Cardinals, Seahawks, @ Vikings, @ Ravens, 49ers

6. Vikings (5-5): @49ers, @ Lions, Steelers, @ Bears, Rams, @ Packers, Bears

7. Saints (5-5): Bills, Cowboys, @ Jets, @ Buccaneers, Dolphins, Panthers, @ Falcons

8. 49ers (5-5): Vikings, @ Seahawks, @ Bengals, Falcons, @ Titans, Texans, @ Rams

9. Eagles (5-6): @ Giants, @ Jets, Washington, Giants, @ Washington, Cowboys

10. Panthers (5-6): @ Dolphins, BYE, Falcons, @ Bills, Buccaneers, @ Saints, @ Buccaneers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Washington (4-6), 12. Falcons (4-6), 13. Giants (3-6), 14. Bears (3-7), Seahawks (3-7), 16. Lions (0-9-1)

Bold = Opponent is current playoff team.

• Like 2

Rams have a very tough remaining schedule. 4 of the 7 remaining games are against teams currently in playoff spots. 2 of the other 3 are division games and they haven't won against Niners in a while. Jaguars game is probably the only game which you expect them to win comfortably.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

We also have three games remaining against absolute cupcakes (Bears and Detroit).

Lions maybe, even though we needed OT to beat them earlier this year.

How any Vikings fan can say the Bears are cupcakes is beyond me. Soldier Field is a curse for this team and it is in prime time again this year.

Finishing 4-2 in the division would be a W in my mind. With the losses coming at Lambeau and Soldier.

• Like 1

I didn’t realize that the Rams are coming off of a bye next week, after two relatively embarrassing losses. With the Packers limping into their bye week, even more so now after the Jenkins injury, the 49ers games takes on even more importance. 

If the Vikings take care of business against the 49ers, and the Rams get back on track against Green, as @vikingsrule and I were discussing in a different thread, it’s no longer just a wild card spot we’re talking about. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 4

I think the Vikings need to be focused on the next game . . . All the while knowing the NFC North is within reach.   Why?

First, if they continue to win, it means they sweep the division, 6-0.    Currently, that would put them one game behind the Packers, but the Vikes hold the tie-breaker.

Second, the Packers play the Rams, at the Ravens, and host the Browns.   Losing 2 of those gives the Vikes room for error . . . As in they still could lose 1 and win the division.   

Not to get over-excited with wishful thinking . . . I like the opportunities.    The game in GB could be as big as any the past 30 years.   I only pray they don't let up against anyone.   

Here’s how the whole playoff picture shapes up heading into Week 12’s games:

1. Cardinals (9-2) Going 2-1 without Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins in the lineup the last three weeks should make for a pleasant bye week in Arizona.

2. Packers (8-3) The Packers can help themselves and the Cardinals out by beating the Rams this weekend.

3. Buccaneers (7-3) Monday night’s win snapped a two-game winning streak and showed how much it helps having tight end Rob Gronkowski in the lineup.

4. Cowboys (7-3) The offense never got going in Kansas City and is banged up heading into their Thanksgiving matchup with the Raiders.

5. Rams (7-3) They slumped into their bye week and another dud in Green Bay will make it very hard to make any push for the NFC West.

6. Vikings (5-5) Beating the Packers is always reason for celebration, but they can’t revel too long with the 49ers on tap in Week 12.

7. Saints (5-5) The schedule softens up in the final weeks, but they’re trending in the wrong direction with three straight losses.

8. 49ers (5-5) They got their first home win in a long time a couple of weeks ago and another one over the Vikings this weekend would be a big step forward for the Niners.

9. Eagles (5-6) Rediscovering their running game has pushed them back into the playoff picture and two straight games at MetLife Stadium offers them a good chance to hit the bye week with a winning record.

10. Panthers (5-6) Cam Newton‘s return to Bank of America Stadium ended with a loss and the Panthers can’t afford too many more stumbles if they want to keep the playoff fires burning.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/23/week-12-nfc-playoff-picture-cardinals-back-on-top/