Saints extend QB/TE Taysom Hill to weird hybrid contract ($40M-$95M, $22.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So does this just replace the voidable years in his current contract?

No. That money would still be paid out those years  against the cap, he just might actually be under contract for them. Any money listed in void years is there because of a prorated bonus. That bonus has already been paid, so it still has to hit the cap over the course of those years. The $2M or so per year that would've been dead cap will just add to whatever his cap hit those years is while on the roster.

52 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Is there SOME sort of explanation for this?

'Cause I ain't seein' it.

Help me out here, people. Is there any way that this isn't complete insanity? 

It’s high end backup/stopgap QB money unless he becomes the staring QB, then it’s bottom half of what most “franchise” guys are making.

He isn’t a high end backup but Payton likes him in a lot of roles like FB, RB, Slot and on ST so he’s being paid for the versatility you don’t get out of other backup QBs 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

We are all in the simulation world of someone playing madden in superstar mode as player-created taysom hill.

We are just the simulated fans

In order to make it work in madden you have to have like 5 created players named Taysom Hill on the roster. Stupid madden substitution limitations.

Maybe that's why his salary is so high, it's mirroring having to pay multiple mediocre players in madden

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

In order to make it work in madden you have to have like 5 created players named Taysom Hill on the roster. Stupid madden substitution limitations.

Maybe that's why his salary is so high, it's mirroring having to pay multiple mediocre players in madden

Yep, different Taysom Hills at each position. And hes pretending they are the same player and that contract does reflect that

And we have to go along with this imagination, sadly.

Its likely someone like tyty thats doing this dumb crap

• Like 2

Just now, Malfatron said:

Yep, different Taysom Hills at each position. And hes pretending they are the same player and that contract does reflect that

And we have to go along with this imagination, sadly.

Its likely someone like tyty thats doing this dumb crap

fingers crossed the saints sign tank bawse, he'd be a hell of a tandem with kamara

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

I haven't played Madden in a few years, but you used to be able to crank up the fatigue and auto-substitution sliders, and it could get you results like a Taysom Hill statline. The game just throws in the flag after a little while and throws whoever is least exhausted on the field.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

If the Saints want to pay millions to a guy who sucks at football, I’m willing to sign up

Sucks at QB for sure, which is why I don't like his price tag at all. 

He's definitely overpaid, no doubt about that. 

But sucks at football is very a hot take IMO.

I am conceding that the money is a big issue, but there are definitely teams who would see improvements with Taysom slotted in some of the positions he plays (TE3, FB, H-Back, Punt Protector/gunner/kickoff coverage).

That's not the sign of a guy who sucks at football.