Week 9 GDT: The Wentzylvania Tuddy Droppers (7-1) vs the Osweilier INT Throwers (3-4)

EaglesPeteC

If I'm being honest I think the Sproles injury FORCED DTM into changing his play calling as well. Let me preface what I'm about to say with Darren Sproles makes this team better, but him getting injured might of been a good thing offensively.

It forced DTM to ground and pound more. We don't attempt to trade for Ajayi IMO with a healthy Sproles. Gone are the 6-10 swing passes, slants, dump offs, wheel routes a game he used as a short run game with the Sproles Package.

Now it's ground and pound. He had no choice but to change his approach as well as Wentz at the LOS because we really didn't have a Pass catching replacement for Darren. Only silver lining with his injury.

44 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:
13 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Didn’t know Dougie P had this kind of passion...

https://youtu.be/Fy1R9TPLCT0

You can tell the players love playing for him... that's great to see.

To be fair their Record/Winning helps with that as well. If the Eagles we're 1-7 I Doubt very seriously it be the same happy , happy, joy joy atmosphere. Winning Most Certainly Helps! Just saying

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair their Record/Winning helps with that as well. If the Eagles we're 1-7 I Doubt very seriously it be the same happy , happy, joy joy atmosphere. Winning Most Certainly Helps! Just saying

You loved Chip but cant give Doug any credit?

58 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Jesus Christ, that kid is a nerd. Good thing he has a rocket arm or he'd probably still be a virgin. He may still be, come to think of it. 

But this article kind of confirms my suspicions I just posted in the Sudfield thread. Howie is going to try and trade Foles in the offseason. Just hope he finds a team desperate and willing to overpay. 

Cant say enough about how Howie handles the roster. He knows the value and importance of having flexible assets. I wouldn't exactly say he's on the cusp of football analytics or something but he's got that cutting edge way of approaching how he handles the team. Lurie was right about keeping him around. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Jesus Christ, that kid is a nerd. Good thing he has a rocket arm or he'd probably still be a virgin. He may still be, come to think of it. 

But this article kind of confirms my suspicions I just posted in the Sudfield thread. Howie is going to try and trade Foles in the offseason. Just hope he finds a team desperate and willing to overpay. 

Cant say enough about how Howie handles the roster. He knows the value and importance of having flexible assets. I wouldn't exactly say he's on the cusp of football analytics or something but he's got that cutting edge way of approaching how he handles the team. Lurie was right about keeping him around. 

JUST TAKE MY LIKES ALREADY

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
9 hours ago, Phire said:

You loved Chip but cant give Doug any credit?

forreal

That was both of your takes on my post?? If anything you both just proved my point. 

How Happy were the Eagles players (Desean, Shady, Vick  and Maclin) with Chip when the Eagles went nuts and actually won the NFCE in 2013? 

It's not a matter of given DTM credit it's about recognizing why the players are acting the way their acting. Winning! Not losing, not getting monkey stomped, Winning! The video you showed was during a Win, during a 7-1 start to the season. If the roles were reversed, video during a loss, during a blowout, during a 1-7 season , you're both off your rocker if you think that would be occurring.

To be expected, that all.

Archived