Week 9 GDT: The Wentzylvania Tuddy Droppers (7-1) vs the Osweilier INT Throwers (3-4)

EaglesPeteC

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I'm almost hoping Doug screws up somehow. Man, I went in on him. 

To my defense, he did make some boneheaded decisions early, no? 

All I can really think of is the 4th and 8 and some ill-advised bubble screens the first two games. He's been really good this season.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

His feel for his role and playcalling was awful last year. He earned every bit of criticism last year. He also sucked the first two weeks.

But the good thing is he openly acknowledged how his run/pass balance sucked. And to his credit, he has committed to the run since then. To say the least, he doesn't appear to have Andy's stubbornness. He has been a good head coach the last month and a half.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I think everyone was sour on him after the Chiefs game and it was understandable as we have some heavy PTSD (Pass Tuddy Syndrome Disorder) that we're still recovering from Andy. 

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

I think everyone was sour on him after the Chiefs game and it was understandable as we have some heavy PTSD (Pass Tuddy Syndrome Disorder) that we're still recovering from Andy. 

Doug soured even on himself. He was super contrite after that loss lol.

One of my favorite things about Doug is that it seems like he's capable of recognizing his faults and trying to build off them. 

Even in that clip from last game where he's mic'd up, you can hear him saying something to the affect of the players winning despite the coaching decisions being made. 

He's gotten so much better since the start of last season. 

It's obvious the players absolutely love playing for him.

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

One of my favorite things about Doug is that it seems like he's capable of recognizing his faults and trying to build off them. 

Even in that clip from last game where he's mic'd up, you can hear him saying something to the affect of the players winning despite the coaching decisions being made. 

He's gotten so much better since the start of last season. 

It's obvious the players absolutely love playing for him.

is he a better play caller or has carson just got better at changing plays?

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

is he a better play caller or has carson just got better at changing plays?

I think it's a combination of both. He's even gotten better since the KC game. And to Carson's credit, he's already earned the staff's trust to change plays at the line. 

And I think the staff also deserves credit for getting Wentz to this point this quickly.

Archived