Week 13- Minnesota Vikings (5-6) @ Detroit Lions (0-10-1)

Louis Friend

Well done, Lions.  Yes, I was mostly excited to see Minnesota take the L but no team should be this far along without at least one sweet taste of victory. I have no idea where the Lions go next season, but today, you’re the only team with a win in the North. Cheers!

• Like 2

Some things I liked today:

*Rookie WR Amon-Ra St. Brown with his first career TD and it was the game-winner!!

*Rookie K Riley Patterson appears to be our kicker going forward. Gives us a nice young ST with LS Scott Daly and P Jack Fox.

*Rookie CB Jerry Jacobs continues to impress. He just makes all the right plays.

*Rookie LB Derrick Barnes started in place of JRM and played damn well. Nice gap coverage.

*Our offense finally started throwing the ball down field. ARSB, Reynolds, Hock, Brock... I hope Campbell continues this.

*Rookie RBs Jefferson and Igwebuike just get productive yards.

Some things I didn't like today:

*Some guys looked lost in coverage. On every level. This needs cleaning up.

*Alex Anzalone is not a good football player. 

*Campbell gets too conservative at times, and takes wild chances at others. 

*Our defense goes all out on play action, giving up big plays. 

Overall, we have alot of rookies, and alot of players on IR. Overall, I expected 0-3 wins and we are right there. I can see the vision Holmes/Campbell have, but they don't have the talent or team discipline yet to execute it. We are still 2 years away from competing.

Drink it in ladies and gents. Tonight, we celebrate!!

• Like 1

I liked the call to go for it on 4th down. We either get the conversion or they get a quick score. Regardless, we end with the ball in our hands. We punt it, same sad story would be read again. They’ll drive the field, eating up clock and kick the game winner as time expires. 

• Like 2