Rules or changes that would improve the NFL?

DoleINGout

15 hours ago, mse326 said:

Geography is pretty arbitrary too. At least as arbitrary as more or less keeping the old NFL/AFL as their own conference 

Yeah agreed, that's why it's bad that the NFL places such a heavy emphasis on both. My overall point ig is that the NFL is too subdivided as it is.

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How about ties count as a full loss for overall standings, but a win for draft seeding?

Ties counting as a full loss wouldn't work, because it would pretty easily lead to situations where a team would be incentivized to throw a game they are tied in to manipulate seeding and such.

• Like 1

Not an in game rule change, but take the Referee oversight away from the league offices and put it in the hands of the players.  Make them accountable to the people they affect the most.  This also eliminates the feeling among fan bases that the league is out to get their team or favors the opposing team.  Players will demand a correctly called game since they put their physical health on the line every single play.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:19 AM, Jakuvious said:

This is a terrible list.

1. Allowed, sure, but not encouraged.

2. Ties are fine. Sometimes neither team should win. See: Pittsburgh/Detroit.

3. Silly, and arbitrary. Though I wouldn't mind all the 1 point scorigamis it would allow for.

4. Nah. The NFL rule is way better than college here. I like guys being able to run after they fall post-catch.

5. No. I already hate the defensive group celebration after every turnover.

6. This makes no statistical sense unless you also take the yards before catch away from WRs, and that's not good either.

Ah, so it's not just me! Makes them look like bunch of 7 year olds and is cringeworthy now all teams do exactly the same.

I like the Barry Sanders celebration 😁

Only thing I'd add is to relax the rules on roughing the passer, too big a penalty for sometimes a really iffy and subjective decision. Also, less PI and more physical CB play allowed, I like a good defensive game.

1) Get rid of OT. Ties are OK. 

2) DPI is only a spot foul in the most egregious cases.

3) running kickoffs again 

4) chill with taunting and bad rtp calls every game.

5) fumbles out of the end zone aren’t a turnover, the fumbling team should get the ball back at the 20, not their opponent.

6) hold refs accountable for bad calls

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Malfatron said:

intentional encroachments

I feel like that only happens in a 4 point game to avoid OT and force the hail mary, right? Or maybe 3 poing games against the Ravens where you'd rather take OT than the loss

But broadly I'd much rather then try the longer kick

Edited by Tk3