Week 13 Thread: (5-6) WFT vs (6-5) LVR - "VEGAS BABY, VEGAAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

For sure, should’ve traded him to a team that wanted a good, sometimes great guard and would re-sign Scherff to a long term deal lowering that $18 million cap hit - like the Broncos or Vikings - even if all we got back was a salary they wanted to dump also and a 3rd or 4th round pick.

We could’ve signed 2 or 3 starters w/ that $18 million like I don’t know, a better LB or 2 & a better option at FS.

Yeah or rather...never signed him and used that money for guys like McLaurin, Payne, etc.

Just now, Vladimir L said:

Cut Curtis Samuel 

De Andre Carter does everything cheap

It makes no sense to cut Samuel, it will cost us $17.725 million to do so, and next year if we cut Samuel it will cost us $5.2 million. The earlier Samuel will be cut is 2023 when we’d save $5.8 million.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They need to run that play again on 2nd down and go to Gibson, they didn’t cover him, Gibby may have gone for 20 yards on that play if Heinicke gives it to him right away.

If you look the nickel back was rotating with him. It would have been one on one, but I think Heinicke made the right decision putting the ball pass the first down marker rather than throwing short and hoping Gibby beats the defender.

Just now, turtle28 said:

It makes no sense to cut Samuel, it will cost us $17.725 million to do so, and next year if we cut Samuel it will cost us $5.2 million. The earlier Samuel will be cut is 2023 when we’d save $5.8 million.

I was over reacting but it was a dumb signing