2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Seems like this might be very telling on how they see Roquan’s role on this D, likely as the MLB

Morrow played a lot in the middle for the Raiders...I reckon they will be open to both playing there...still wouldn't shock me to see Anthony Walker Jr. come here and it be Smith and one of those two starting.

I like the Lucas Patrick.

In a perfect world he is your backup at every spot like for the Packers. 

But he can start while we transition the OL. Ideally he starts and eventually is replaced by a stud rookie.

He is a physical mauler. And having a C who knows the offense is big.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I like the Lucas Patrick.

In a perfect world he is your backup at every spot like for the Packers. 

But he can start while we transition the OL. Ideally he starts and eventually is replaced by a stud rookie.

He is a physical mauler. And having a C who knows the offense is big.

I think ideally he starts at RG and we get tretter or Bozeman to play C. draft an OT in the 2nd/3rd and have him compete with the second year guys. Loser is swing tackle

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The complete picture can be looked at positively (what you said) or negatively, which is Jenkins wasn't all that good when he played and his back issues could flare up at any point & Borom was average. Both guys have potential so they might be good but they also may never hit that potential, as most 2nd and 5th round picks don't

I've always been a glass full kinda guy

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Sure. Whatever.

I was wondering what your response would be to that nugget. 😁

The point of the Mack trade was to jettison a declining player with a massive salary.

Converting to a 4-3 is also going to take some work. That's just how it goes. 

Do you think Ryan Pace was a good GM?

Going to a 4-3 is ine thing, doing nothing to add talent around Feilds is french apparently. Glad we dumped macks salary for that 🙃

Jakeem Grant gone to the Browns....

Return game might be an issue for us now, unless Darrynton Evans is going to jump Khalil Herbert on the depth chart.

Getting C. Patterson would be the prudent FA move

Someone like Calvin Austin would imo be the draft move... but we'd probably have to jump on that with our 3rd rounder, when I think there's a decent chance he'd otherwise slip the 4th. I do feel like we're completely devoid of any kind of offensive weapon right now that would make a defense have to adjust or create a mismatch.

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Jakeem Grant gone to the Browns....

Return game might be an issue for us now, unless Darrynton Evans is going to jump Khalil Herbert on the depth chart.

Getting C. Patterson would be the prudent FA move

Someone like Calvin Austin would imo be the draft move... but we'd probably have to jump on that with our 3rd rounder, when I think there's a decent chance he'd otherwise slip the 4th. I do feel like we're completely devoid of any kind of offensive weapon right now that would make a defense have to adjust or create a mismatch.

I keep finding myself wanting to give us Velus Jones in the 6th. 

Patrick is solid move for us given the fact he knows the verbagie of the scheme and has versatility within it...my hope is he is a Mustipher replacement more than a Daniels one...I see him competing at centre rather than guard where I would like tackle size and length...I do think he is way tougher and more physical than anyone we have had on the interior of the OL over the last few years and that is a real positive...as is the fact that even if he starts year one then we draft well and he becomes a backup and all interior spots in year two his contract is still value.

I still feel as if Trai Turner just makes a lot of sense for this scheme and with his connections to Chris Morgan...we would basically be swapping James Daniels and saving $7 million...that would be great business and with Patrick and Whitehair already here gives you a baseline starting three to then go and draft BPA on the interior to bump one into a backup role.

• Like 2