WEEK 14 RAIDERS VS KC

NCOUGHMAN

13 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

1. Brandon Parker needs to be benched, despite all the O-line struggles we have had, Parker is the weak link amongst that group.

Parker has actually played well. Last week was among his best games. I get Parker is a whipping boy around here, but he's far from the issue on the Oline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Parker has actually played well. Last week was among his best games. I get Parker is a whipping boy around here, but he's far from the issue on the Oline.

Read a stat that the oline was 9th best on pff. Not a pff guy but that was interesting 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'd say that Greg Olson's horrific play calling has more to do with our offensive struggles then the OL. It's literally insane watching this dude call plays at this point. We had success attacking the Cowboys down field, running the ball, and using play action to keep them off balance. So logically most would say that we should try to implement a similar strategy against one of the worst secondaries in the league, right?

pass-chart_CAR358797_2021-REG-13_1638760

pass-chart_CAR358797_2021-REG-12_1637945

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say that Greg Olson's horrific play calling has more to do with our offensive struggles then the OL. It's literally insane watching this dude call plays at this point. We had success attacking the Cowboys down field, running the ball, and using play action to keep them off balance. So logically most would say that we should try to implement a similar strategy against one of the worst secondaries in the league, right?

pass-chart_CAR358797_2021-REG-13_1638760

pass-chart_CAR358797_2021-REG-12_1637945

Carr has the most completions of over 20 yards. It's olsen's fault we pass laterally. 100% scheme.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Any world where Parker is Plan A at RT is not a good one. I have no issues with Parker being the swing guy who comes in for a few snaps or even a few games...but not the starter.

Long term? I agree. But we don't really have any other option at this point for the rest of the season.

18 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Any world where Parker is Plan A at RT is not a good one. I have no issues with Parker being the swing guy who comes in for a few snaps or even a few games...but not the starter.

Again... Parker should not be starting. But he's the 2nd or 3rd best starter on the Oline any given week. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Again... Parker should not be starting. But he's the 2nd or 3rd best starter on the Oline any given week. 

James is playing better and should stick around, but the OL as a whole still sucks. I don't see enough from Simpson/Parker to make me think they should be starting next year. Leatherwood has had his moments, but is still a work in progress.