WEEK 14 RAIDERS VS KC

NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Kansas City curb stomping the Raiders coming up. Sunny and 57 degrees. At what high temperature and below does Carr fall on his face?

glanced at your new profile pic and thought you were a Steelers fan coming in here randomly talking trash lol.

In all seriousness... I could see this either way. Raiders adjust, come in and surprise KC. 

Alternatively, I could see KC putting a fork in the Derek Carr era. They've always taken real estate up in his head. Could just dominate him to the point where the consensus becomes he's cooked.

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've got a sneaky feeling we'll play very well this game as no-one is expecting it, that's par for the course isn't it? Think we'll win a back and forth encounter 🤔

That’s how this one feels to me. 31-27 Chiefs kinda game where the offense actually shows up and gives us hope again.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

glanced at your new profile pic and thought you were a Steelers fan coming in here randomly talking trash lol.

In all seriousness... I could see this either way. Raiders adjust, come in and surprise KC. 

Alternatively, I could see KC putting a fork in the Derek Carr era. They've always taken real estate up in his head. Could just dominate him to the point where the consensus becomes he's cooked.

Profile pic is Iowa Center Tyler Lindbaum. He's my homer man crush. Whoever drafts him (Raiders please) will get an immediate starter.

Nope. Iowa Hawkeyes. The Steelers gave them permission to wear those uniforms. The uniforms are exactly alike. Even the width of the stripes on the pants.

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Profile pic is Iowa Center Tyler Lindbaum. He's my homer man crush. Whoever drafts him (Raiders please) will get an immediate starter.

Nope. Iowa Hawkeyes. The Steelers gave them permission to wear those uniforms. The uniforms are exactly alike. Even the width of the stripes on the pants.

I'm well aware. Damn good player. James has quietly been better though. Can Lindbaum play G?

This tape don't lie is ugly man. Edwards missed the block, dropped the ball, AND wrong the ran route in the RZ on the miss. Not saying the throw was good, but man execution just sucks. This staff sucks and it starts with rich. Garbage. We need a coaching staff that demands excellence. This just isn't good enough and as fans we deserve better than this.

Agree with BD, Koonce is raw but is a nice situational pass rusher right now. He has some serious bend/burst. Deablo has some serious ability. His safety movement skills in coverage are really showing. I actually think he can be something for sure. Maybe a bit of a "hybrid" LB right now for sure, but he should be a mainstay on passing downs for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Watching that... obvious they need a coach who can instal better discipline and execution. That said, your 8 year veteran QB should be all over this poor execution in practice all week.  

He’s too soft in that way. He is super detail oriented but he expects other people to do it too, but he coddles them and whines about it later. If he was more vocal about it, it would rub people the wrong way initially but they would listen. That’s why we need a rough head coach who can yell at people, bench them, and demand execution. Carr won’t do that. Unfortunately it’s just not who he is.

So we are teetering on the edge right now, lose to the Chiefs and it is going to be almost impossible to pull this season back from the brink (we are already sitting at "difficult to pull it back"). We NEED to make some simple changes to the roster...

1. Brandon Parker needs to be benched, despite all the O-line struggles we have had, Parker is the weak link amongst that group. I want to see Eluemenor at Right Tackle on the basis that (a) he cannot be worse than Parker and (b) prior to being benched he was our second best OL according to PFF behind Miller - not saying the guy is great, not saying he is the "answer", just saying he is an upgrade on Parker. Ideally Leatherwood could go back to Tackle and Eluemenor to Guard but we have yet to see evidence that L-Wood can get that done.

2. Tyron Johnson needs to come up to the active roster. Jackson is 35 and will be used relatively sparingly, Johnson gives us another speedster and one that is in the first flush of youth. In 2020, his debut season, his numbers (12 games, 20 receptions, 398 yards, 19.9 av and 3 TDs) were almost identical to Henry Ruggs' numbers in his rookie / debut year (13 games (12 starts), 26 receptions, 452 yards, 17.4 av and 2 TDs) and that was as a #4 WR with the Chargers versus HR3 being a starter. I like Stoner, but he is more of a Renfrow-type (as much as one can be)...and we have that covered. Johnson gives us that coverage buster when Jackson is not on the field.

3. The over-riding positive from the Football Team game was a sighting of both Koonce and Deablo, we need to involve these guys more as I thought both had their moments against WFT (especially Deablo). Sure, there were a couple of mistakes also but that is how they learn.

4. With Drake down and Richard on the covid list, I want to see Ragas come up and get used. The kid was great in pre-season (which I accept is not the same as being good in regular season) and we need to see what he can do. I could see him having a Booker like effect. I know this could be seen as a training camp warrior situation, but the example I would use to justify it is that when the Ravens had injuries they turned to Ty'Son Williams for a while and he fared pretty well.

5. Lastly, goes without saying that if we can get Mullen, Philon and Gillespie back on the active roster that would be a shot in the arm.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. 

• Like 1