Texans cut LB Zach Cunningham; claimed by Titans

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hahaha, Cunningham and McKinney - both no longer Texans.

At this point, I don't want the Texans in Houston anymore. They could relocate to OKC or something, I'm spending my money on the Astros and Rockets.

Texans are dead to me, I'm not coming back.

k0jPoN6.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hahaha, Cunningham and McKinney - both no longer Texans.

At this point, I don't want the Texans in Houston anymore. They could relocate to OKC or something, I'm spending my money on the Astros and Rockets.

Texans are dead to me, I'm not coming back.

If you like the color scheme...

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Benardrick is playing pretty well for the Giants right now. Maybe Cunningham wants to join too. Giants are pretty low in the waiver order.

He is? I didn't even realize he latched onto the Giants! I liked him, he was a good player and good dude - good to hear about him playing well.

Just now, ET80 said:

He is? I didn't even realize he latched onto the Giants! I liked him, he was a good player and good dude - good to hear about him playing well.

With Blake Martinez out for the year, he probably should be starting alongside Reggie Ragland, but the coaching staff loves Tae Crowder for some reason (Crowder may be the worst run defending LB in football). Regardless, he's looked good from the eye test and has graded in the elite category in a couple games I think by PFF.

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

With Blake Martinez out for the year, he probably should be starting alongside Reggie Ragland, but the coaching staff loves Tae Crowder for some reason (Crowder may be the worst run defending LB in football). Regardless, he's looked good from the eye test and has graded in the elite category in a couple games I think by PFF.

He's really stiff in coverage, but is a monster against the run and can catch dudes by surprise on inside blitzes. Really good football player for sure...

• Like 1

3 thoughts:

1.  Pretty clear Cunningham hated his team with the new regime, didn't want to be there, got his wish.

2. He'd seem like a better fit for a 3-4 anyways.

3.  If all it took was not following the rules and being late to meetings/Covid tests, Watson should be strolling into Texans camp after noon each day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It was an important part of the process, but I don't think I equated it to Hopkins (maybe I did, that seems so long ago).

This makes sense... in that Cunningham hated everything this organization stood for and is better than this horrible franchise deserves.

I hope he joins a winner and gets it going for a deep playoff run. He's a really good off-ball LB, a sideline to sideline guy who can play pretty well in space and can rack up tackles.

This is just a disaster of an era. Geez.

On a side note, Andre Roberts has been surprisingly good for us also.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

On a side note, Andre Roberts has been surprisingly good for us also.

I'm positive anyone who leaves the Texans immediately becomes a better football player.

It's sort of like if you met someone who escaped a North Korean labor camp - the before and after pictures would probably shock you. Roberts, Whitney Mercilius, Bernardrick McKinney - all better players once they've left this disaster.

Cunningham is gonna make some GM and DC look like a genius... And congratulations to whoever gets Justin Reid next season as a FA, you're going to unearth an All Pro S in the process.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, you gotta remember - bad things tend to follow me. You don't want me to be a fan of your team.

Have you met the Patriots? Put a word in front of gate and it's happened. They still persevere and find success. Adding you to the fanbase won't hurt us

• Like 1