Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

Wait there has been a worst special teams in nfl history? And by a 3.5% worst? Why do I not believe that haha

Without looking it up I think the 10 Chargers had the number 1 offense and defense and yet still missed the playoffs. I'm almost positive that was a thing. I definitely remember them being talked about as a historically bad ST/ unlucky team about that time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Without looking it up I think the 10 Chargers had the number 1 offense and defense and yet still missed the playoffs. I'm almost positive that was a thing. I definitely remember them being talked about as a historically bad ST/ unlucky team about that time. 

Woof. That 2010 Chargers ST. Per Bolts from the Blue:

-Week 1: Gave up 160 punt return yards
-Week 2: Blocked punt
-Week 3: Allowed TWO kickoff return TDs
-Week 5: Two more blocked punts
-Week 6: A classic missed FG

Of course, there are four outdoor winter games left so the potential for further shenanigans is high and this Packers unit could easily take that title away from the 2010 Chargers.

At least this team is all but guaranteed to make the playoffs...where hopefully the awful special teams don't do them in.

Edited by Striker

6 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes, and as much as we’ve been injured, Bal has had it much worse. They are a team that stockpiles draft picks and their depth shows on their consistently good ST.

We use injuries as an excuse for our inconsistencies, they find a way to get it done. As pointed out, a big part of that rating is Crosby vs Tucker but I’d bet their return/coverage units are better. What gives?

We have joked that we have traded cursed ST for blessed QB and sometimes I think it could be true. The opposite would be the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes, and as much as we’ve been injured, Bal has had it much worse. They are a team that stockpiles draft picks and their depth shows on their consistently good ST.We use injuries as an excuse for our inconsistencies, they find a way to get it done. As pointed out, a big part of that rating is Crosby vs Tucker but I’d bet their return/coverage units are better. What gives?  We have joked that we have traded cursed ST for blessed QB and sometimes I think it could be true. The opposite would be the Bears. 

I heard a comment today.....cant say if it came off the TV or was somebody's podcast.....that Tampa has one of the worst ST units last year................
I guess also having a close it out defense can help.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

I heard a comment today.....cant say if it came off the TV or was somebody's podcast.....that Tampa has one of the worst ST units last year................
I guess also having a close it out defense can help.

Not getting DPI calls while mugging WRs and the other team getting them for running too hard with TB’s wideouts also helps. 

That D front at full strength is tough, though. Even good running teams get shut down. Got to have enough time to air it out and then get them on their heels. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Not getting DPI calls while mugging WRs and the other team getting them for running too hard with TB’s wideouts also helps. 

That D front at full strength is tough, though. Even good running teams get shut down. Got to have enough time to air it out and then get them on their heels. 

They're actually #17 at rush DVOA this season. They just tend to play in a division where the rushing attacks are generally bad. Even the Saints have been below average this year.

The few teams that have tried to run on them (Eagles, Colts) have been able to. Also Khalil Herbert somehow.

15 minutes ago, Striker said:

They're actually #17 at rush DVOA this season. They just tend to play in a division where the rushing attacks are generally bad. Even the Saints have been below average this year.

The few teams that have tried to run on them (Eagles, Colts) have been able to. Also Khalil Herbert somehow.

They have a few games where they weren’t great but didn’t get destroyed on the ground. Also important, they still beat Ind and Phi. Going against that defensive front can be tough sledding, they haven’t been fully healthy but Vea and JPP are both back, I believe. 

We might just have to find out in a month or so, hope it’s in Lambeau.