Raiders/Browns game postponed until Monday

RaidersAreOne

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I definitely don't see it as any advantage. Based on how the Browns offense performed in both games, it turned out to not be any advantage at all.

lol agree to disagree then I guess

Pretty confident 95% of every fan base would find the above scenario a clear disadvantage if it happened between their team & a division rival 

Whatever doesn’t matter Ravens too injured this year and Browns stink anyway

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Pretty confident 95% of every fan base would find the above scenario a clear disadvantage if it happened between their team & a division rival 

Thought about that. I'd have no problem with Seahawks/@Niners/@Seahawks with Seattle having a bye.

But we always lose to the Niners and own Seattle, so I'd expect 2-1 there even if the Seahawks had no other games to worry about for the whole season.

Thing you have to remember is that these teams already know each other since they play twice a year every year. And in the Browns and Ravens, you have the same coach and QB and similar personnel across the board as last year. Id guess the Browns used that bye to just rest, doubt any was used as extra prep for a team they already know so well.

At that point you're just saying it's an advantage for a team coming off a bye playing a team who did not have a bye, but most teams have to deal with that.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

But here's the kicker - CLE is still getting positives, so it's not spread from the exposure in the locker room / team facilities before they went into lockdown - it's that it's spreading like wildfire in the CLE community.  The Ohio governor confirmed as much.   Maybe those 2-3 guys are the difference, but man it's also with the risk they just trade different positive cases at this stage...and shorten the return time to Week 16.  

I actually think the issue was WFT, they're actually in worse shape total-numbers wise IIRC.  Then the NFL had to treat all 3 games the same way...so here we are

And that's the inherent problem with this situation. I hope the NFL is prepared to make all 3 teams with the outbreak forfiet thier games if the situation hasn't improved despite the extra days given?

I don't want to hear excuses about playoffs, divisions, whatever when 29 of the other Franchises didn't get this type of outbreak. Meaning maybe, just maybe there was negligence from a organizational standpoint. There is a policy in place for forfeiture use it, if it applies.

The fact the NFL is risking further spread of the virsus to make a buck, save face, play games at all cost makes it even worse. Forcing 3 other teams into having a short week to make a buck, infuriating.  WFT spreads to the Eagles, Rams spread to Seahawks, Browns spread to Raiders. 

We're then having this same conversation, the following week with 3 different teams. TO BE CLEAR! I'd be saying the exact same thing if the Eagles were one of the teams with the outbreak. 

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Thought about that. I'd have no problem with Seahawks/@Niners/@Seahawks with Seattle having a bye.

But we always lose to the Niners and own Seattle, so I'd expect 2-1 there even if the Seahawks had no other games to worry about for the whole season.

Thing you have to remember is that these teams already know each other since they play twice a year every year. And in the Browns and Ravens, you have the same coach and QB and similar personnel across the board as last year. Id guess the Browns used that bye to just rest, doubt any was used as extra prep for a team they already know so well.

At that point you're just saying it's an advantage for a team coming off a bye playing a team who did not have a bye, but most teams have to deal with that.

Baltimore fans probably feel Cleveland had the advantage in week 12 playing their 12th consecutive game vs the 4th consecutive game off the week 8 bye for Baltimore.   Dam NFL screwing Baltimore yet again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yeah I just disagree with this premise. Due to Baltimore’s injuries our personnel and play calling is significantly different than it has been in years past. Doubt very much that Cleveland didn’t use that time to prep over what they saw the week prior. But again doesn’t matter at this point...is what it is...better it happened this year than a year we actually have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs I guess

21 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Oh my lord the nerve of the NFL. Forcing the Ravens to play three consecutive weeks within a 400 mile radius, all in the same time zone. How dare they

lmao yes that's it. That's the deal here. You nailed it. Great job!

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think it is as much of a deal as Baltimore fans are making it seem.

It's a huge deal. I mean what are we gonna change from week 12 to week 14? You guys get 2 weeks to gameplan for a team you just faced while resting while we go play the Steelers lol like how is this a hard concept to grasp?

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Baltimore fans probably feel Cleveland had the advantage in week 12 playing their 12th consecutive game vs the 4th consecutive game off the week 8 bye for Baltimore.   

Get 'em, squire!

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Dam NFL screwing Baltimore yet again

But let's not bring beavers into this.

17 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The entire argument is "it wasn't an advantage because Cleveland sucks", which, I guess I'll take? More of an indictment on Cleveland's offense than anything. Had 2 weeks to prep for the team same and laid an egg.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The entire argument is "it wasn't an advantage because Cleveland sucks", which, I guess I'll take? More of an indictment on Cleveland's offense than anything. Had 2 weeks to prep for the team same and laid an egg.

And that egg hatched into a baby one-game-out-of-first-place-in-the-AFC-North. Tis a majestic bird.

I remember there being some out crying when the Ravens game got moved last year for having an active covid outbreak in the locker room about how it was unfair and beneficial for the Ravens.

I wonder if Browns or Raiders feel like they’re benefitting right now. Probably doesn’t move the needle much I imagine still not thrilled with the one day reprieve where there’s an outbreak and half their players are sick.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I remember there being some out crying when the Ravens game got moved last year for having an active covid outbreak in the locker room about how it was unfair and beneficial for the Ravens.

I wonder if Browns or Raiders feel like they’re benefitting right now. Probably doesn’t move toe needle much I imagine still not thrilled with the one day reprieve where there’s an outbreak and half their players are sick.

Yeah people says a lot of things, you just can't keep holding on to everything that one person or a few people say or it will eat you up and you'll become bitter and turn into what you are complaining against.

I'm pretty sure Jackson still missed the game last year. They may have got a LB back or something to that effect but it didn't really seem like an advantage.

The league had the Browns practice amid an outbreak and then tested the players after practice so no wonder it exploded. I personally wish the NFL kept the schedule for tomorrow because there is more of a likelihood that more players test positive by Monday than what come back. But... that really wouldn't be fair to the Raider players and their families to put them at risk against players who could potentially be contagious. Maybe the extra two days from when the major spread happened will make it less likely to pass it from team to team. Again, that might mean even more Browns miss the game but for the sake of the opposing team, especially as they are about to go visit with families for the holiday, I think it was a good call to move the game.

Sucks for me because I'll be working and it is probably a negative for the Browns but we'll have to see who else tests positive and if anyone comes back to make that determination.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

And that's the inherent problem with this situation. I hope the NFL is prepared to make all 3 teams with the outbreak forfiet thier games if the situation hasn't improved despite the extra days given?

I don't want to hear excuses about playoffs, divisions, whatever when 29 of the other Franchises didn't get this type of outbreak. Meaning maybe, just maybe there was negligence from a organizational standpoint. There is a policy in place for forfeiture use it, if it applies.

The fact the NFL is risking further spread of the virsus to make a buck, save face, play games at all cost makes it even worse. Forcing 3 other teams into having a short week to make a buck, infuriating.  WFT spreads to the Eagles, Rams spread to Seahawks, Browns spread to Raiders. 

We're then having this same conversation, the following week with 3 different teams. TO BE CLEAR! I'd be saying the exact same thing if the Eagles were one of the teams with the outbreak. 

Lol