Raiders/Browns game postponed until Monday

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

You are a crap team

Unfortunately we are a crap team as well this year so it actually did matter 🤪

Ravens aren't really a crap team, they are just a good team with struggles at the QB position. Browns aren't a crap team either they just aren't great and don't have an offensive identity and still struggle on 3rd and 4th downs on defense.

There really isn't a crap team in the division, just not a great team either.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

According to the Ravens forum, we're a crap team. So us having a bye week shouldn't have really mattered. 😉

Going onto other team’s forums and then complaining about what you see there is my least favourite form of obsessive fandom lol

not limited to this instance I’ve seen Ravens fans do it as well, but my thought when I see a comment like that is just always “who cares?” 

26 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Feel sorry for whoever QB # 3 is.

Nick Mullens. 

Heres my thing though, Isaw pushing the game back to Monday would only allow like 6 players of the 25+ that are out for the Browns to return. Teller, Baker and Wills being the notable 3.

So, its not like moving the game to Monday is going to make the Browns full strength. They will still be playing probably with 15+ players on the Covid list. All of the pl;ayers who recently got put on the list in the second round like Clowney and John Johnson are still going to be out

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nick Mullens. 

Heres my thing though, Isaw pushing the game back to Monday would only allow like 6 players of the 25+ that are out for the Browns to return. Teller, Baker and Wills being the notable 3.

So, its not like moving the game to Monday is going to make the Browns full strength. They will still be playing probably with 15+ players on the Covid list. All of the pl;ayers who recently got put on the list in the second round like Clowney and John Johnson are still going to be out

It really not about helping Browns. It's about trying to make sure outbreak is contained before they spread it to a whole other team. Players and fans hate for league and Goodell is making them Blind to simple logic on this one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I might be wrong here but there is a huge difference between the cases people point to last year and this current game.

The Browns players that are testing positive are vaccinated, followed all protocols and are not showing symptoms. The teams last year that were forced to play with guys down was because of their own negligence and not following protocols. 

Denver specifically had to play without any QB because they lied, took their trackers off and sat next to each other in the facility. It was also isolated to a position group and not the entire roster. That's why the league didn't care about postponing their game. I really need fans (specifically broncos fans complaining about it) to understand these situations between games this year and last year are not equal.

Oh, no problem at all with the Browns and not saying they are in the wrong but the Raiders always seem to get the sh@tty end of the stick. It's nothing though in the grand scheme of things compared to what the team has endured this year..........

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

It really not about helping Browns. It's about trying to make sure outbreak is contained before they spread it to a whole other team. Players and fans hate for league and Goodell is making them Blind to simple logic on this one. 

Its not going to contain anything. If 20+ test positive for Covid, its not going to magically go away in 2 days. You can have symptoms for up to 90 days.

This feels a lot more like a move by the NFL to appease a bunch of players complaining about player safety.

If the NFl really wanted to show they cared about player safety, the game would have been cancelled entirely and moved to a later date allowing at least a full week to see if things clear up among players--but we all know the NFL isnt going to cancel a game or move it to the end of the year when there is money to be made right now this week from viewership

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its not going to contain anything. If 20+ test positive for Covid, its not going to magically go away in 2 days. You can have symptoms for up to 90 days.

This feels a lot more like a move by the NFL to appease a bunch of players complaining about player safety.

If the NFl really wanted to show they cared about player safety, the game would have been cancelled entirely and moved to a later date allowing at least a full week to see if things clear up among players--but we all know the NFL isnt going to cancel a game or move it to the end of the year when there is money to be made right now this week from viewership

Thank god one of the fans of the teams that is getting the benefit from this says this finally. Washington fans trying to convince me that the Eagles should WANT the game to be moved for the safety of our own players when the NFL is actively making it easier for players to play who might have COVID is just so frustrating. This was a move that they had to do because the teams threatened to forfeit and the NFL only cares about making money.

29 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Thank god one of the fans of the teams that is getting the benefit from this says this finally. Washington fans trying to convince me that the Eagles should WANT the game to be moved for the safety of our own players when the NFL is actively making it easier for players to play who might have COVID is just so frustrating. This was a move that they had to do because the teams threatened to forfeit and the NFL only cares about making money.

I mean its more for the Raiders fans who are everywhere complaining that the league is robbing them the chance to get a free win against a Browns team playing 10+ practice squad players. Dont worry Raiders fans, on Monday, your still going to face a decimated Browns team with many starters not playing. You still get your advantage.

Whats going to be embarrassing is when you had a extra 2 days of prep at full strength and still lose despite the Browns not practicing and playing a bunch of backups.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean its more for the Raiders fans who are everywhere complaining that the league is robbing them the chance to get a free win against a Browns team playing 10+ practice squad players. Dont worry Raiders fans, on Monday, your still going to face a decimated Browns team with many starters not playing. You still get your advantage.

Whats going to be embarrassing is when you had a extra 2 days of prep at full strength and still lose despite the Browns not practicing and playing a bunch of backups.

Eh, I haven't heard that in here? Mostly I've read Browns and Ravens fans insulting each other in here 😂 It's more that our preparation for the next match is reduced by two days really.

Also, the Browns could play their accounts department, legal team and cheerleaders and that wouldn't be a free win with this Raiders team this year! With all that's going on this game could be a complete shambles for both teams 😁😁

Losing to the Browns minus a pile of players won't really be embarrassing compared to what our season has been like thus far really, that'll just be par for the course.

Also, we're not really at 'full strength', I mean our HC resigned in disgrace so we've got an interim HC, our WR1 killed someone and is under house arrest, our best pass catcher Waller has been injured, both our starting guards have been out all season, our RB1 is hobbled and RB2 is on IR together with our FB, our starting LB Morrow and DT McCoy have been out all season together with our CB2 Mullen and our other first round CB was cut for waving a gun around and being a dumbass the same week our WR killed a poor girl. We're hardly at the peak of our powers here.

Edited by Darbsk

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The argument the Washington fans made is the only one that makes sense. Sure a few guys may return but a few more will likely be out. To delay a game I would suspect the mindset is that they extend the time from when outbreak occurred so the incubation period could have additional time to go through it's process so you won't have guys playing who are potentially contagious.

Now I will say that's using logic and the NFL may not be doing it based on logic.

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Suggesting the NFL cancel some games is ridiculous. Go ask these players if they want to lose a game check. Nobody associated with the NFL wants that.

I do think the NFL should have allowed for a week 19 for one week of cancelled games to be played, but you're opening up a host of new complaints. Now wildcard teams are getting a bye, which I'm sure some fan base would find a reason to complain about.

To me none of this really encroaches on player safety issues. Sure, the Rams/Seahawks/Eagles/WFT will have a short week, but we're talking one day shorter than if they played on Monday. And the week before they all got an extra day. I've seen no reports that the players are even feeling symptoms.

People love to criticize the NFL for caring about money which is one of the most annoying things about this site. The NFL wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them making money. And the players also want their money.

This was easily the best situation and it's pathetic that the Raiders, Seahawks and Eagles fans are even upset here. Players playing a Tuesday game is one day less rest than Monday, so not close to as bad as a Thursday game on either side.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, dante9876 said:

But wouldnt the best solution be to forfeit the game so no spread would happen at all to other teams, their facilities, airports, drivers, etc?

Wouldnt that be the logical thing to do? 

28 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

But wouldnt the best solution be to forfeit the game so no spread would happen at all to other teams, their facilities, airports, drivers, etc?

Wouldnt that be the logical thing to do? 

It comes down to $.   Forfeit means players on both teams also forfeit game cheques.  Why the NFLPA near-revolted on Friday when this was raised with the WFT-PHI game first.

The ironic part - waiting 2 days has brought back Malik Mcdowell (who tested negative on Saturday, and would have played anyways), and now Wyatt Teller (who's huge in terms of coming back) - but they lose RT Hudson in the process, after he was Conkin's replacement.  So it's a marginal gain so far.    Which was the most likely outcome given that Omicron is spreading like wildfire in CLE community itself, and the average time to negative tests was 6+ days.

Maybe a whole bunch of CLE players test negative tomorrow, which makes it seem like the delay paid off.   If they don't, well, the league kinda screwed both the Browns and Raiders for 2 weeks.    I get the league probably had to look like they were treating the 3 games the same, but man, if there isn't any change from Teller being added, and losing Hudson, not exactly a great result (and the science kinda said this outcome was not only possible, but likely).

• Like 1