Raiders/Browns game postponed until Monday

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No. It's a PR move and money making move to try to get players back. That is all.

Out of the 11 starters, odds are maybe 1-2, maybe 3 get cleared.    Maybe none of them do.   Keep in mind TJ Watt is the only player so far to test negative in 4 days, and it's generally 7+ days to get 2 negative test days (so 6+ to get to the 1st negative test).

But here's the kicker - CLE is still getting positives, so it's not spread from the exposure in the locker room / team facilities before they went into lockdown - it's that it's spreading like wildfire in the CLE community.  The Ohio governor confirmed as much.   Maybe those 2-3 guys are the difference, but man it's also with the risk they just trade different positive cases at this stage...and shorten the return time to Week 16.  

I actually think the issue was WFT, they're actually in worse shape total-numbers wise IIRC.  Then the NFL had to treat all 3 games the same way...so here we are.

Edited by Broncofan

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Play the Ravens

bye

Play the Ravens again

All while the Ravens have to face the Steelers in between.

I know that sucks for the Ravens, but rest assured us Browns fans hated where they put the bye. Baker might have gotten healthy if our bye was 2-6 weeks earlier. Maybe that leads to 1-2 more wins. Maybe OBJ has a few more touchdowns and is content.  It's hard to know.

I would say there are worse bye weeks for the Browns, it wasn't a great spot other than in regards to the second Ravens game. Other than that, it's a terrible spot for a bye based on the injuries we've dealt with.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I know that sucks for the Ravens, but rest assured us Browns fans hated where they put the bye. Baker might have gotten healthy if our bye was 2-6 weeks earlier. Maybe that leads to 1-2 more wins. Maybe OBJ has a few more touchdowns and is content.  It's hard to know.

I would say there are worse bye weeks for the Browns, it wasn't a great spot other than in regards to the second Ravens game. Other than that, it's a terrible spot for a bye based on the injuries we've dealt with.

@AFlaccoSeagulls

I definitely don't deny that the Ravens got screwed in that situation, but I know all Browns fans would have preferred to have had an earlier bye week when we were dealing with a ton of injuries.

38 minutes ago, DawgX said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls

I definitely don't deny that the Ravens got screwed in that situation, but I know all Browns fans would have preferred to have had an earlier bye week when we were dealing with a ton of injuries.

No doubt, but that bye all but guaranteed you guys a win. Now granted, you did everything possible to make it look difficult but my goodness that was such an advantage for you and disadvantage for us in the midst of a tight division race.

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No doubt, but that bye all but guaranteed you guys a win. Now granted, you did everything possible to make it look difficult but my goodness that was such an advantage for you and disadvantage for us in the midst of a tight division race.

You think Baltimore is the only team to have played a team coming off of a bye week?

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You think Baltimore is the only team to have played a team coming off of a bye week?

Huh?

The issue wasn’t playing Cleveland coming off of a bye week.

The issue was Cleveland playing Baltimore week 12, getting a bye in week 13, then playing Baltimore again week 14. The Browns had 3 straight weeks of prepping for the Ravens lol. First time a team had that go in their favor since 1991 and back then the other team ALSO got their bye in between. But this time we played @ Pittsburgh while Cleveland was on that bye.

If you don’t see the insane divisional advantage in that scenario late in the year between the 2 teams favored to win the division and how that’s more than just playing a team “coming off their bye” like it’s normal idk what to tell you lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Huh?

The issue wasn’t playing Cleveland coming off of a bye week.

The issue was Cleveland playing Baltimore week 12, getting a bye in week 13, then playing Baltimore again week 14. The Browns had 3 straight weeks of prepping for the Ravens lol. First time a team had that go in their favor since 1991 and back then the other team ALSO got their bye in between. But this time we played @ Pittsburgh while Cleveland was on that bye.

If you don’t see the insane divisional advantage in that scenario late in the year between the 2 teams favored to win the division and how that’s more than just playing a team “coming off their bye” like it’s normal idk what to tell you lol

So the issue was Baltimore had to play a game while Cleveland got a bye?

Prepping for a team you played 2 weeks prior should have lessened the strain for Baltimore as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So the issue was Baltimore had to play a game while Cleveland got a bye?

Prepping for a team you played 2 weeks prior should have lessened the strain for Baltimore as well.

No, the issue was Cleveland getting to play a team, see what they did, immediately make changes/tweaks/adjustments for 2 straight weeks and then immediately play them again while the other team prepped for a different divisional away game in between lol

You can’t be this dense lol. Either that or you’re trying to be overly contrarian. No rational person sees that scheduling layout and thinks “how is that even an advantage over a regular bye week like every other team has to deal with?”

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

No, the issue was Cleveland getting to play a team, see what they did, immediately make changes/tweaks/adjustments for 2 straight weeks and then immediately play them again while the other team prepped for a different divisional away game in between lol

You can’t be this dense lol. Either that or you’re trying to be overly contrarian. No rational person sees that scheduling layout and thinks “how is that even an advantage over a regular bye week like every other team has to deal with?”

I don't think it is as much of a deal as Baltimore fans are making it seem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Play the Ravens

bye

Play the Ravens again

All while the Ravens have to face the Steelers in between.

Oh my lord the nerve of the NFL. Forcing the Ravens to play three consecutive weeks within a 400 mile radius, all in the same time zone. How dare they

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I definitely don't see it as any advantage. Based on how the Browns offense performed in both games, it turned out to not be any advantage at all.

• Like 1