Raiders/Browns game postponed until Monday

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Ray Reed said:

And not the WFT?

Yeahhhh idk man between the bye week Ravens sandwich the Browns got and this postponement feels like the NFL really wants the Browns to be somethin huh?

If there is an an outbreak that is producing new positive tests up to the day before the game, they will postpone it no matter what.

• Like 1

I'm going to be excited to see no one able to come back for the 2 day postponement, the NFL to feign caring about player safety while throwing their hands up in the air saying "We tried guys", and nothing really to change at all coming out of this. The lack of foresight from the NFL the last 2 years is nothing short of extremely predictable and a shameless cash grab, especially coupled with a 17th game/7th playoff team and not having a 2nd bye.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Didn't the league say they were not going to postpone games this year and if you couldn't make it, you forfeited? Could've swore I saw that.....

No. They actually said they would make teams forfeit if a game could not be rescheduled. So basically that means nothing because they can always reschedule a game if they try hard enough.

@fluhartz

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Didn't the league say they were not going to postpone games this year and if you couldn't make it, you forfeited? Could've swore I saw that.....

you did see it, because it's what they said.

So now I guess the Raiders have to play on a short week because of the browns... 

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No. They actually said they would make teams forfeit if a game could not be rescheduled. So basically that means nothing because they can always reschedule a game if they try hard enough.

It was also supposed to apply if it happened specifically due to an outbreak caused by unvaccinated players, but most of the Browns roster is vaccinated.

That they didn't have anything in the very predictable case of "virus mutates and an outbreak nonetheless occurs among vaccinated players on one team, but not the other" is classic NFL for ya

Edited by Dodo
  • Like 3