Week 16 GDT - Tennessee Titans vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

If Mahomes had Brady type mobility then his lack of pocket passing & poor decision making would expose him and he throw INT's at a Favre's type pace and not to mention the amount of sacks he'd take.

Kap was pure trash in the first half of the SB and there was mention at halftime of going to Alex Smith and once Kap got them back into the game he couldn't close the deal on the final drive and he did the same thing the next year in Seattle in the NFC title game in the final seconds e.g. throwing to a sorry *** receiver!

You take away Rodgers from Green Bay and the Pack are not even a playoff team as look all the players Green Bay is allowed to have injured but they still win. Rodgers make a blocking TE like Merecedes Lewis a sticks moving machine. Imagine if the Niners had Rodgers they'd actually win those close games b/c they'd have points on the board b/c drives would end in the endzone which is something Jimmy can't do. There's a reason why the Packers are to scared to trade Rodgers b/c they know they're nothing with a run first Jordan Love at the helm.

Just because he has more mobility than Brady does not make Mahomes a run first QB. 

Kaepernick had over 360 total yards and 3 TDs. Again, he played very well and was great all postseason .

Rodgers has crapped the bed plenty of times in the playoffs. He couldn't close vs the Bucs despite his defense giving him chance after chance. Don't even get me started how trash he was in the first half vs us the year prior and how he contibuted to the 27-0 deficit. Would it be great if the Niners had him? Of course, he but he's been super elite for over a decade and has had only made one SB during that time. Having an elite QB like that doesn't guarantee you anything. 

For you to think we can only win if we have an ATG QB like Rodgers is hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just because he has more mobility than Brady does not make Mahomes a run first QB. 

Kaepernick had over 360 total yards and 3 TDs. Again, he played very well and was great all postseason .

Rodgers has crapped the bed plenty of times in the playoffs. He couldn't close vs the Bucs despite his defense giving him chance after chance. Don't even get me started how trash he was in the first half vs us the year prior and how he contibuted to the 27-0 deficit. Would it be great if the Niners had him? Of course, he but he's been super elite for over a decade and has had only made one SB during that time. Having an elite QB like that doesn't guarantee you anything. 

For you to think we can only win if we have an ATG QB like Rodgers is hilarious. 

I call Mahomes a run first QB b/c when I've seen him forced to throw from the pocket he's looked spotty at best and thus his mobility is what covers up his pocket passing flaws.

Yes Rodgers was trash against the Niners in the first half of the 2019 NFC title game but if the Niners had Aaron Rodgers in the SB 2 weeks later the Niners most likely have defeated the Chiefs especially with Mahomes struggling for 3 quarters. An Aaron Rodgers also would've come in handy in the 2011 NFC title game, the 2012 SB and the 2013 NFC title game e.g. all games that were choked away! 

I've seen the Niners attempt to win SB's with QB's post Steve Young and none of them have gotten the job done.

I put the Niners in the same category as the Cleveland Browns as they are good teams who are an elite QB away from being a SB winning contender. See Baker Mayfield woeful 4 int today in a 2 point loss.  

9 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I call Mahomes a run first QB b/c when I've seen him forced to throw from the pocket he's looked spotty at best and thus his mobility is what covers up his pocket passing flaws.

Yes Rodgers was trash against the Niners in the first half of the 2019 NFC title game but if the Niners had Aaron Rodgers in the SB 2 weeks later the Niners most likely have defeated the Chiefs especially with Mahomes struggling for 3 quarters. An Aaron Rodgers also would've come in handy in the 2011 NFC title game, the 2012 SB and the 2013 NFC title game e.g. all games that were choked away! 

I've seen the Niners attempt to win SB's with QB's post Steve Young and none of them have gotten the job done.

I put the Niners in the same category as the Cleveland Browns as they are good teams who are an elite QB away from being a SB winning contender. See Baker Mayfield woeful 4 int today in a 2 point loss.  

Dude, OF COURSE every Niner fan would love to have Rodgers. But you are making it seem like that is the only way for this team to win a SB. Rodgers, Wilson, Brees etc are elite QBs that have only won one SB. Rodgers and Brees have only made one SB. Both had plenty of stacked teams as well. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude, OF COURSE every Niner fan would love to have Rodgers. But you are making it seem like that is the only way for this team to win a SB. Rodgers, Wilson, Brees etc are elite QBs that have only won one SB. Rodgers and Brees have only made one SB. Both had plenty of stacked teams as well. 

Well I don't just only want Rodgers as I'd love to have Brady in 2020 as he would've signed with the Niners if they choose to move on from Jimmy then but they said no and thus look what Brady did for the Bucs in 2020. I'd take one SB win with a Rodgers, Brees or Brady than none with Smith, Kap, Jimmy & Lance. 

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well I don't just only want Rodgers as I'd love to have Brady in 2020 as he would've signed with the Niners if they choose to move on from Jimmy then but they said no and thus look what Brady did for the Bucs in 2020. I'd take one SB win with a Rodgers, Brees or Brady than none with Smith, Kap, Jimmy & Lance. 

You don't know what Lance will be or not. 

Foles also has the same amount of SB wins as Brees and Rodgers. You can have him if you want as well I guess… 

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

If Mahomes had Brady type mobility then his lack of pocket passing & poor decision making would expose him and he throw INT's at a Favre's type pace and not to mention the amount of sacks he'd take.

Kap was pure trash in the first half of the SB and there was mention at halftime of going to Alex Smith and once Kap got them back into the game he couldn't close the deal on the final drive and he did the same thing the next year in Seattle in the NFC title game in the final seconds e.g. throwing to a sorry *** receiver!

You take away Rodgers from Green Bay and the Pack are not even a playoff team as look all the players Green Bay is allowed to have injured but they still win. Rodgers make a blocking TE like Merecedes Lewis a sticks moving machine. Imagine if the Niners had Rodgers they'd actually win those close games b/c they'd have points on the board b/c drives would end in the endzone which is something Jimmy can't do. There's a reason why the Packers are to scared to trade Rodgers b/c they know they're nothing with a run first Jordan Love at the helm.

Well Jim Kelly got smacked down 4 straight years in the Super Bowl, and is in the HOF. Dan Marino got smacked down in his only appearance. Dan Fouts couldn't make it to the Super Bowl. Warren Moon never even made a championship game appearance and is in the HOF. Even if you have a HOF quarterback, it's just not that simple. And plenty of guys have won a championship that won't come close to being mentioned in the same league as those guys. Jim Plunkett even won two and never even made a Pro Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't know what Lance will be or not. 

Foles also has the same amount of SB wins as Brees and Rodgers. You can have him if you want as well I guess… 

All I know is that Lance will be just another inaccurate run first QB who's legs are the be all to end all.

And Nick Foles is in the category of exception to the norm SB winning QB's like Joe Flacco. But the thing is that the Niners franchise will never be fortunate enough to win a SB with an exception to the norm SB winning QB's. It's no coincidence that the 5 SB wins came with high octane offensive minded QB's running the show and the 2 SB losses came with QB's who commanded a middle of pack offense at best. 

28 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well Jim Kelly got smacked down 4 straight years in the Super Bowl, and is in the HOF. Dan Marino got smacked down in his only appearance. Dan Fouts couldn't make it to the Super Bowl. Warren Moon never even made a championship game appearance and is in the HOF. Even if you have a HOF quarterback, it's just not that simple. And plenty of guys have won a championship that won't come close to being mentioned in the same league as those guys. Jim Plunkett even won two and never even made a Pro Bowl. 

Yes HOF QB's don't all win SB's as both Marino & Kelly were postseason chokers especially Marino. As a matter of fact Dan Marino was just a high volume passer who was forced to pass a great deal up until the late 90's when the Dolphins actually had a good defense. As for Warren Moon well he as also a postseason choker and he played his role in blowing a 35-3 lead to the Bills in the 93 wildcard game. Moon was also terrible when rushed as he fumbled the ball far too many times.

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

All I know is that Lance will be just another inaccurate run first QB who's legs are the be all to end all.

And Nick Foles is in the category of exception to the norm SB winning QB's like Joe Flacco. But the thing is that the Niners franchise will never be fortunate enough to win a SB with an exception to the norm SB winning QB's. It's no coincidence that the 5 SB wins came with high octane offensive minded QB's running the show and the 2 SB losses came with QB's who commanded a middle of pack offense at best. 

Eli Manning was not elite either and won two. Peyton was also FAR from elite in 2015.

So it looks like a decent amount of the SB winners in the last 15 or so years came from teams that did not have elite QB play. 

4 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Good for you.

Vikings lost today which was clutch. Falcons won. Both teams are 7-8 

Eagles won & are 8-7. We have the tiebreaker over them (as well as the Vikings & Falcons) in the H2H but not sure how it works in a 3 or more team scenario. 

Still the 6th seed for now. Thats likely the best we can do. 

Rooting for the Cowboys over WFT tonight & Dolphins over Saints tomorrow. 

Texans have beaten the Titans & Chargers, also played the Browns & Pats tough. I think its good the Texans won today, it'll re-enforce to the team that we can definitely not overlook them.

Edited by 49ersfan

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Vikings lost today which was clutch. Falcons won. Both teams are 7-8 

Eagles won & are 8-7. We have the tiebreaker over them (as well as the Vikings & Eagles) in the H2H but not sure how it works in a 3 or more team scenario. 

Still the 6th seed for now. Thats likely the best we can do. 

Rooting for the Cowboys over WFT tonight & Dolphins over Saints tomorrow. 

Texans have beaten the Titans & Chargers, also played the Browns & Pats tough. I think its good the Texans won today, it'll re-enforce to the team that we can definitely not overlook them.

It's really the saints that's the big one. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's really the saints that's the big one. 

Looking at their schedule, i could see them winning out. 

I could also see them losing out

As long as we win the next 2 we should be good. Even winning 1 would probably be OK but we would need help that way.

I would prefer to avoid multiple team tiebreakers though, regardless if were 9-8 or 10-7 

I just want to get in. We could definitely be a dangerous team like the 2007/2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens etc. Provided bad Jimmy doesn't show up

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1