Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

58 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Actually, I think Dallas is rising and I pick them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Yes, I love our Packers and hate Dallas, but if I'm betting and putting emotions aside, I do not see them as making to the SB. Weakened OLine, shaky Run Defense, and terrible Special Teams does them in. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and eat crow.

I agree in general that dallas has the best shot to rep the nfc in the sb

Especially on the run D I don't think it's as bad as it looks. GB goes conservative with leads and let's teams burn clock running. So far it's closed the gap but not lost a game. I'd hope in the playoffs you don't take your foot off the gas, but I'm ok with it in regular season games.

39 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Haha. Yes it may be. But for the sake of maintaining at least one foot in realism, it helps to have at least one Black Hat in the room. Possible they make it to the SB? Yes, for sure. We hope so. But probable? I don't think so, unless, at very least, these three areas I mentioned show steady improvement (or maybe the +/- of Covid cases on each team is sizably in our favor.) 

Blasphemy #2!

Between Russ Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Rodgers, Big Ben... the free agent market for vet QBs will be comparably competitive to last year. Rodgers best chance to win is obviously with the Packers, he has chemistry in the system which he acknowledges takes years to build. 

At the same time, how could you not have a replacement on hand (Love) for someone who is wishy washy about retirement? 

19 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Between Russ Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Rodgers, Big Ben... the free agent market for vet QBs will be comparably competitive to last year. Rodgers best chance to win is obviously with the Packers, he has chemistry in the system which he acknowledges takes years to build. At the same time, how could you not have a replacement on hand (Love) for someone who is wishy washy about retirement? 

Big Ben?

Again, it's really very simple.

Rodgers retires.  Rodgers signs a team friendly deal knowing all his "friends" will not be here.  Rodgers is traded.

The way I think it sits at the moment is Rodgers would consider retiring if he hates the teams offer and he doesn't like the trade option presented.  It's his option, but I really don't think he wants to retire.

I think the team will make a legitimate extension offer, team friendly but reasonable.  Rodgers if he accepts knows the team will still be cutting vets (friends).  There are a few teams where he also may see a real opportunity and is liking to his living conditions. If so he signs an extension with them with the trade if he prefers that option.

The two best options.  If neither works out, that's when he seriously considers hanging it up.  Very slim chance.

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Between Russ Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Rodgers, Big Ben... the free agent market for vet QBs will be comparably competitive to last year. Rodgers best chance to win is obviously with the Packers, he has chemistry in the system which he acknowledges takes years to build. 

At the same time, how could you not have a replacement on hand (Love) for someone who is wishy washy about retirement? 

Ben is the only one on this list that is a free agent. The others are under contract and would have to be traded. 

Watson - not sure when his trial starts but don't believe there will be resolution prior to the new league year. 

Wilson - Will Seattle move him? My guess is he's like out, but his value has to have decreased with the year he's having. 

Rodgers - likely another MVP and the two above him while, good are nowhere close to his league. Rodgers is nearing 40, but if a team got an idea he'd like to play 3-4 years his value is clearly the highest. 

Ben - have you seen him play this year? Would you give him a million to be a backup? 

6 minutes ago, R T said:

Kurt Cousins has tested positive and is out. 

Just saw that.  Got to be viewed as a positive.  However they are going to run run and run at the Packers.  We better be able to stop them.  Barry better stack the line.  All eyes should be on Cook now.  

• Like 1