Week 27 Browns at Steelers MNF Steelers Suck (So does Michigan)

Thomas5737

What is your mood?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mood?

2. 2. Who wins?

3. 3. How would you describe a buffalo?

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

MJ Stewart should start over Ronnie Harrison.

Ronnie should be last on the depth chart of all our safeties played this year. 

Stewart has legit played great football the past two games. He’s a very good tackler and very capable in or out of the box.

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Stewart has legit played great football the past two games. He’s a very good tackler and very capable in or out of the box.

Yeah, he sucked as a corner, average as a nickel, but legit great as a strong safety for his tackling alone. 

If he wants to tackle, I want to keep him next year.

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm excited for our secondary next year

Especially if we can get a good FS

Having Greedy, ward, aj green and Newsome locking guys down and then MJ stewart cleaning up with great tackling.

John Johnson, Delpit(?), MJ, LeCounte, ??

Do you not see Delpit as a starter once he has a healthy offseason?

Do you think we need another starter (i.e., spend a reasonably-high pick)?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

John Johnson, Delpit(?), MJ, LeCounte, ??

Do you not see Delpit as a starter once he has a healthy offseason?

Do you think we need another starter (i.e., spend a reasonably-high pick)?

Im happy for one to emerge from that group, Im just not 100% sure it will to the quality I think that would make our secondary exceptional. 

in the 1st round if there was an evenly matched DT, WR or FS Id go WR, DT then FS. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im happy for one to emerge from that group, Im just not 100% sure it will to the quality I think that would make our secondary exceptional. 

in the 1st round if there was an evenly matched DT, WR or FS Id go WR, DT then FS. 

The problem is that we need WR and DT (and probably RT) so bad that I doubt we would touch FS until at least round 3. At that point I'm not sure the incentive to draft a guy there vs continuing to develop our in-house guys in hopes one will emerge as a take-the-leap guy.

I don't think we'll pay a FS big money in FA either.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The problem is that we need WR and DT (and probably RT) so bad that I doubt we would touch FS until at least round 3. At that point I'm not sure the incentive to draft a guy there vs continuing to develop our in-house guys in hopes one will emerge as a take-the-leap guy.

Im guessing we go

To get a WR in FA you need to overpay, and for us even more so, I think Baker gets the Lamar treatment in FA, no one to sign. 

DL in FA
WR round 1 and maybe 2 also

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I don’t think signing a mid tier FS is out of the question.  We don’t need great, just steady and reliable.

Between Malik Jackson, Billings and Walker there’s like 11 million we should recoup.  Take 6-7 million of that and sign a FS and then use the draft to plug holes at DT and LB.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Hey, guys, gals and others.

This is it!

Get on board and give us your baseless, pointless and otherwise meaningless takes on this game.

Ben has a noodle arm. Harris is good but their run blocking isn't. Their receivers are good but we can crown them it pretty much takes a missed assignment for Ben to be able to hit them downfield.

They can be run on but we have to be smart about it. I think we need to play less aggressive than we did against GB because we shouldn't need it.

There is no reason to lose this game. Only coaching and turnovers (and lack of effort) can cause us to lose. I'm not extremely confident we can accomplish that because... history and recent history but there is a reason we are a 3.5 road favorite. It is because of Roethlisberger and Chubb. Exploit those things and we win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ben has a noodle arm. Harris is good but their run blocking isn't. Their receivers are good but we can crown them it pretty much takes a missed assignment for Ben to be able to hit them downfield.

They can be run on but we have to be smart about it. I think we need to play less aggressive than we did against GB because we shouldn't need it.

There is no reason to lose this game. Only coaching and turnovers (and lack of effort) can cause us to lose. I'm not extremely confident we can accomplish that because... history and recent history but there is a reason we are a 3.5 road favorite. It is because of Roethlisberger and Chubb. Exploit those things and we win.

If we can't win this game I am going to take a hard look at the "why not(s)"?

We should drub them.