Week 17 GDT: Colts vs Raiders - Win or Die Trying

Jerry

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raiders practice squad
    • Colts practice squad

29 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You ask is every body playing these qbs. I was just answering your question. We played 3 in their only start this year. That's facts. And yes the browns missed Mayfield no matter how bad you think he is. 

I should’ve said these type of QBs, that’s why I mentioned book. Look at the Jets QB situation I forget the 3rd stringer they were trotting out for a couple weeks, Cam got brought up off the streets etc. teams league wide are benefiting from this. It’s a weird year. 

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What did mayock do before to get the job? Forget about trying to figure out who did what while he was here. Even though it's been reported Arnette was all him. He never deserve the job in the first place. What was his qualifications?. So way are we keeping him to see if he can do it without gruden now. 

Your argument makes no sense. So what did he do to get the job? I agree being appointed as a GM was a stretch for a guy who basically liked doing mock drafts prior to his appointment. However, your position of "Forget about trying to figure out who did what while he was here" is foolhardy in the extreme...

IF Mayock was the guy rooting for Ferrell, Arnette, Leatherwood etc. to be drafted (and you say he definitely was on Arnette) then I agree...kick his *** out of Dodge. IF on the other hand that was largely Gruden and Mayock has quietly been drafting the better players in the mid-rounds then keep him.

If what you do while you are at an organisation does not matter then Mahomes, Kelce and Hill should be cut immediately, while Sam Darnold should get a 7 year $280m contract...simples. :)

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Waller just has to be ready to go here. He's largely been a ghost this season and arguably our biggest disappointment (Production + health wise). This is do or die and we need him.

He fell off right after I bought his jersey. I also bought Carr and Ruggs jerseys this year. 

Maybe I should get a Kolton jersey. 

7 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Your argument makes no sense. So what did he do to get the job? I agree being appointed as a GM was a stretch for a guy who basically liked doing mock drafts prior to his appointment. However, your position of "Forget about trying to figure out who did what while he was here" is foolhardy in the extreme...

IF Mayock was the guy rooting for Ferrell, Arnette, Leatherwood etc. to be drafted (and you say he definitely was on Arnette) then I agree...kick his *** out of Dodge. IF on the other hand that was largely Gruden and Mayock has quietly been drafting the better players in the mid-rounds then keep him.

If what you do while you are at an organisation does not matter then Mahomes, Kelce and Hill should be cut immediately, while Sam Darnold should get a 7 year $280m contract...simples. :)

But we don't know what he did in the organization. I doubt Mark even knows who made all the decisions on the draft picks. That's the point. The roster is bad with quite a few bad draft picks. So let's say he did mid rounds for the sake of the argument. Max and hunter, is enough to keep him when you got bowden edwards muse Simpson and amik Robertson being wasted picks. Than the free agency has been pretty bad also. 

My point is unless we know all the over drafting and bad picks was gruden, what could he had possibly done inside the organization to get a wait and see period especially if we talking about hire a new coach. We really want mark and mayock doing that. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He fell off right after I bought his jersey. I also bought Carr and Ruggs jerseys this year. 

Maybe I should get a Kolton jersey. 

Honestly. I thought @NCOUGHMAN was just making stuff up when he said he heard from somebody waller was tired of being here with carr. Than you watch him and his effort was off. Than articles start popping up saying the same thing NC said. Now this injury seem to be lasting longer than moat thought it would when it happened. I'm honestly aint sure about waller attitude right now. I could be just looking to deep or making stuff out if nothing. But I'll see when he come back if he does. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Honestly. I thought @NCOUGHMAN was just making stuff up when he said he heard from somebody waller was tired of being here with carr. Than you watch him and his effort was off. Than articles start popping up saying the same thing NC said. Now this injury seem to be lasting longer than moat thought it would when it happened. I'm honestly aint sure about waller attitude right now. I could be just looking to deep or making stuff out if nothing. But I'll see when he come back if he does. 

All these little complaints about Carr over the years from players…. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Carr is just not an aggressive enough football player. Guy admittedly does religion stuff and video games more so than studying football in his spare time. The greats study 12 hours on their off time. Rodgers/Brady/Etc. Carr doesn’t breath football. Yes he’s a human with a life… that’s fair… I’m looking for a Super Bowl QB who’s brain doesn’t stop thinking about football. 

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Waller just has to be ready to go here. He's largely been a ghost this season and arguably our biggest disappointment (Production + health wise). This is do or die and we need him.

I agree he wasn't as good as expected to start this year, but he was still top 4 in catches and yards among all TEs before he got hurt.

And he didn't really take off last year until around week 13. Hopefully he can come back and recapture some of that late season dominance. We sure need him.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gotta keep everything in context. It's also a season where we've faced Jacoby Brissett, Jalen Hurts, Nick Mullens, Farewell season Big Ben, Teddy B, Drew Lock, and now potentially Sam Ehlginger. We've also failed to score more then 17 points in 7 of our last 8 games.

I would love to make the playoffs, but can't let potentially eeking into the playoffs in a wacky season be the end all be all when deciding towards the future.

Definitely I’m all about context. 
we were top 10 O last year and historically bad on D in PPG.

this year we are above average D, and pretty bad on O. 
but we’ve lost quite a bit on O. And have no running game (until last week). 
losing Ruggs and waller, with no run game is tough on a qb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yup. This team is no better than last year maybe worse.  Just more lucky. That's why winning these last two games shouldn't  change mark Davis course into the offseason. 

I don't know where you're coming from.  Firstly, our defense is much better even though they are dropping like flies. 

LUCKY?  Gruden, Ruggs etc.  I noted two third string O-linemen playing last week.  Never even heard of them before...... and Carr doesn't trust his protectors.  How unlucky can we be?  We have a special team's interim head coach.  We do have a great field goal kicker; thank you Jesus.   

• Like 1