Week 17 GDT: Colts vs Raiders - Win or Die Trying

Jerry

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raiders practice squad
    • Colts practice squad

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m rooting for us to win but still want Rich (at least in the HC role) and Mayock gone at season’s end. I don’t want fluke Covid-19 circumstances to give them a free ride into next year. 

For me when it comes to me I still kind of want to see one off-season without Gruden just to see if there's any legitimacy to that whole theory. I think he's done well enough on the later rounds to earn one year. 

These next two weeks will decide for me if I want rich or not but im not really a fan of some of these other options either

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m rooting for us to win but still want Rich (at least in the HC role) and Mayock gone at season’s end. I don’t want fluke Covid-19 circumstances to give them a free ride into next year. 

I don’t think they’re coming back regardless 

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

That's all I'm worried about. WFT won a bunch of games vs trash qbs last year, won a hurt division and they thought things was good.  Went into the season trying to win with Taylor and Fitzpatrick cause they thought they had a top defense. 

Rich and raiders should absolutely try to win every game. But all the sudden we going to pretend this ain't the same roster and coaching staff that just about everybody in here was trashing a few weeks ago. 

Mark Davis hasn't shown me enough where he won't fall for the Rich feel good story and just keep this train rolling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I don't think that happens, regardless.

This is the best D Carr has had and we are right there in playoff contention with 2 weeks to go.

that is in a season where waller has missed a ton, Ruggs killed someone, and Gruden fired mid season, with a very poor run game to go with it. 

if we make playoffs I think we have to keep Carr, but it’s still a big if.

our D has been great last few weeks, just need them to start getting more turnovers! 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

This is the best D Carr has had and we are right there in playoff contention with 2 weeks to go.

that is in a season where waller has missed a ton, Ruggs killed someone, and Gruden fired mid season, with a very poor run game to go with it. 

our D has been great last few weeks, just need them to start getting more turnovers! 

I think you would have to keep Carr and Rich and Gus. It's just improbable that they're going to do it. They do somehow pull it off though we have to tip our hats to them

52 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Well not having your QB and having to play a QB that has what 3 total passes is a massive advantage for the Raiders. Yes still need to stop Taylor but it’s a lot easier to do when you’re able to sell out on the run 

I wasn't entirely serious, and really was just kind of thinking that just because Wentz is out doesn't make it an automatic W as they still have a great running game despite missing OL too. 😀

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Gotta keep everything in context. It's also a season where we've faced Jacoby Brissett, Jalen Hurts, Nick Mullens, Farewell season Big Ben, Teddy B, Drew Lock, and now potentially Sam Ehlginger. We've also failed to score more then 17 points in 7 of our last 8 games.

I would love to make the playoffs, but can't let potentially eeking into the playoffs in a wacky season be the end all be all when deciding towards the future.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gotta keep everything in context. It's also a season where we've faced Jacoby Brissett, Jalen Hurts, Nick Mullens, Farewell season Big Ben, Teddy B, Drew Lock, and now potentially Sam Ehlginger. We've also failed to score more then 17 points in 7 of our last 8 games.

I would love to make the playoffs, but can't let potentially eeking into the playoffs in a wacky season be the end all be all when deciding towards the future.

I don't know how any FO will be able to accurately debrief this season when all's said and done as everyone has had random things happen to them and Covid and injury replacements galore. Could lead to a few big off-season mistakes I feel ...........

Looks like Wentz, who is unvaccinated, is being placed on COVID-19 list.  That means he’s out for the game…. Unless it was a close contact procedure and not a test that put him there.

It seems to me like it was a test because rumor is the colts have Already reached out to Phillip Rivers to sign him.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/12/28/22857284/raiders-colts-carson-wentz-covid-out

this is major news!  IMO we’re in awful shape with so many LBs and Casey Hayward on the covid list.  How can we shut down Jonathan Taylor without our top LBs?

11 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Right I hundred percent agree with this.

But we also have to keep in mind that this is a situation where a special teams coach is also taking over that loses essentially its face of the franchise that had his fingerprints and everything in the middle of a season and is left with an office of coordinator that has been subpar his whole coaching career. They actually do pretty well for a couple weeks and then they lose their most explosive player by far coming out of a bye week(not going in but coming out). They've gotten blown out a couple of times and they were able to still write the ship and win out against two teams one which beat them prior under the last coach. 

If they win out and go to the playoffs there's no real way that we can contextualize that and say "well it's because this teams quarterback got Covid". 

52 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

That's all I'm worried about. WFT won a bunch of games vs trash qbs last year, won a hurt division and they thought things was good.  Went into the season trying to win with Taylor and Fitzpatrick cause they thought they had a top defense. 

Rich and raiders should absolutely try to win every game. But all the sudden we going to pretend this ain't the same roster and coaching staff that just about everybody in here was trashing a few weeks ago. 

Mark Davis hasn't shown me enough where he won't fall for the Rich feel good story and just keep this train rolling. 

He's gonna do what Jon Gruden tells him to do and that's probably to keep Rich.

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

And fewer turnovers for us!😟

52 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

No one else is playing these QBs?