Week 17 GDT: Colts vs Raiders - Win or Die Trying

Jerry

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raiders practice squad
    • Colts practice squad

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Never known any fan base whine so much about the quality of their wins..smh. 

Not whining about the wins but pointing out that we are not as good as our record shows.  We are a better team with Gruden and Ruggs but they will never be on the team again.  Not saying we are 100% healthy or have not had bad circumstances but our opponents have had horrible luck the weeks they have played us. IF you move all the teams back 1 week and put the Ravens as our week 18 opponent we probably have 3-4 more loses this year.  That is what I meant when talking about us getting lucky this year.  If Ruggs and Gruden are still here we are probably the 5th seed in the playoffs and tied or a game behind KC.  I am counting Chicago in this because I believe the Raiders knew what was coming and it showed on the field.  Next year I believe luck will play a much smaller factor and our talent level will be obvious.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not whining about the wins but pointing out that we are not as good as our record shows.  We are a better team with Gruden and Ruggs but they will never be on the team again.  Not saying we are 100% healthy or have not had bad circumstances but our opponents have had horrible luck the weeks they have played us. IF you move all the teams back 1 week and put the Ravens as our week 18 opponent we probably have 3-4 more loses this year.  That is what I meant when talking about us getting lucky this year.  If Ruggs and Gruden are still here we are probably the 5th seed in the playoffs and tied or a game behind KC.  I am counting Chicago in this because I believe the Raiders knew what was coming and it showed on the field.  Next year I believe luck will play a much smaller factor and our talent level will be obvious.

That’s sports, some teams get more injuries than others, some teams get bad decisions go for/against them, some teams play well/terrible one week, your record is your record. That example about the Ravens sums it up, complete meaningless nonsense.

Only this forum could try and dumb down our record, I never see anyone say in the right circumstances we could be 3 or 4 wins better (nor should they cos it’s meaningless). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Who were the 3rd string olineman? But to your other point. Yes the defense is better but we don't know how much better. We just know they don't let garbage qbs and offenses beat us no more. That is the improvement. Jackson mahommes herbert Prescott still did what they wanted against us. What they did vs philly is probably their best performance when considering  opponent. The offense has fallen off a cliff. The oline is worse than last year. The skill positions are worse than last year even before ruggs did his dumb thing. Yes I do think we have been lucky. We are being hit by covid for the first time and we are like one of 6 or 7 teams that has started the same qb all year which is a huge deal. So yes I don't think the team is much better than last year team if better at all. 

#82 Bower and #74 Miller.  Miller is a tackle and Bower a TE, my mistake.  Our perspectives were different.  You're looking at the negative side at how bad our team is, where I see the negatives and try to find something positive.... and it's not easy. 

Edited by S&B Bleeder

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@ Colts - W

vs Chargers - W

at Bengals - W

at Bills - W

at Chiefs - W

vs Packers - W

Eh, why not? 

A man with a positive attitude.😄 If that were to happen, I would win about $16,000.00 on my four bets.  Do you have any influence with the NFL or a higher being as I could use the money?  

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Can you really give Mayock a ton of credit for the defensive players we picked later in the draft this year? They all scream Gus Bradley. Yannick, Hayward, Perryman, Philon, etc were all Gus Bradley guys as well.

God bless Bradley for what he did to our defense.  Who says he can't find a few more diamonds in the rough?  Who says he can't get our defense playing very well in his second year?  I believe he'll have his fingerprints all over our draft.  And then there's the undrafted free agents.  I know......... I'm a devout homer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I will say this I heard waller wasn’t too happy when he was doing a interview for his foundation a week or 2 ago and David carr awkwardly asked him who the best qb was. Forcing waller to say Derek was on National tv. That really pissed him off. If waller can play and isn’t that’s some bish sht right there. Even if you don’t like one player you don’t let the rest of your teammates down. Be a professional 

Totally agree, but David needs to shut the hell up. Derek is twice the QB David ever was, and he doesn’t need his older brother’s help to do his job 🙄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

That’s sports, some teams get more injuries than others, some teams get bad decisions go for/against them, some teams play well/terrible one week, your record is your record. That example about the Ravens sums it up, complete meaningless nonsense.

Only this forum could try and dumb down our record, I never see anyone say in the right circumstances we could be 3 or 4 wins better (nor should they cos it’s meaningless). 

You never see anyone say we could have 3 or 4 more wins except the post you just quoted.  I understand how luck works.  What I am saying is that this teams talent level is lower than their record would indicate and how the team is set up, contracts, is about to make it far worse over the next couple years if we do not take our medicine next year.  We will be better off over the next couple years if we lose the next couple games also.  We make the playoffs we might hold onto players and coaches that should have been replaced and we will be planning our future based upon hope.  Not saying viewing it from a technical perspective will work and hope will fail.  Being technical just gives you a better chance of succeeding.

22 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Honestly. I thought @NCOUGHMAN was just making stuff up when he said he heard from somebody waller was tired of being here with carr. Than you watch him and his effort was off. Than articles start popping up saying the same thing NC said. Now this injury seem to be lasting longer than moat thought it would when it happened. I'm honestly aint sure about waller attitude right now. I could be just looking to deep or making stuff out if nothing. But I'll see when he come back if he does. 

What would Waller fetch in a trade? 1st, 2nd or something else?

3 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

What would Waller fetch in a trade? 1st, 2nd or something else?

Hard to say because we haven't really ever seen a top tier TE get traded in recent NFL history. Although I think we could definitely get a late first from a team that's in contention but needs to add another weapon, especially at Waller's cap number. I could see Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Tennessee, or Green Bay pursuing Waller.