Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My post was about Watson, nothing about Landon Collins. 

Your post clearly talked about Landon Collins and Watson sharing an agent and how the team basically screwed Collins over. That’s what I responded too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Your post clearly talked about Landon Collins and Watson sharing an agent and how the team basically screwed Collins over. That’s what I responded too

My post reflected them sharing an agent who would know what team Watson wants to go to. 
I knows there’s issues with this team but your fatalistic takes of the team go to different level. 

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My post reflected them sharing an agent who would know what team Watson wants to go to. 
I knows there’s issues with this team but your fatalistic takes of the team go to different level. 

My fatalistic takes are based on a team making the same mistakes repeatedly for 30 years. I’ve accepted it as notmal for them but it doesn’t mean I’ll just treat it like it’s okay. It’s still aggravating to see them do the same things Ron Rivera was supposed to get rid of. Regardless of one’s feelings of Landon Collins, negotiating a contract restructure in good faith and the reneging said deal gets around the league. I’m sure it’s part of the reason we basically have to force players to come here. So sure, if you think my “fatalistic takes” reach a different level that’s fine however this team is herpes to the rest of the league. That’s an major issue. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

As Lavar is the most negative human being fan I've never met?

He's absolutely correct.

Yes, there was a time when going to the Redskins, was like going to the Patriots of today, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Saints ( with Drew), Packers, etc.

If they wanted a player, they got him.

Not so much today...

We are the Saints of the 80's...

The Browns of the 90's..

The Lions all the time.

But we're worse than that.

We have an Owner everyone including fans despise, a field nobody wants to play on & a team name not many are on board with.

We are the Bad New Bears, with Hitler as the Manager. 

And now we're called the Commies, with a Russia/Ukraine war currently going on. That probably doesn't help, either.

The only way were getting anyone to play here, is by trade or draft.

The only way to be loved again & bring in the fans will be by winning.

A lot...

I'll also add, that we will sign FA's.

No doubt.

But we'll either have to overpay, or the players will probably be trying to reboot their career from a history of disappointment.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

As Lavar is the most negative human being fan I've never met?

He's absolutely correct.

Yes, there was a time when going to the Redskins, was like going to the Patriots of today, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Saints ( with Drew), Packers, etc.

If they wanted a player, they got him.

Not so much today...

We are the Saints of the 80's...

The Browns of the 90's..

The Lions all the time.

But we're worse than that.

We have an Owner everyone including fans despise, a field nobody wants to play on & a team name not many are on board with.

We are the Bad New Bears, with Hitler as the Manager. 

And now we're called the Commies, with a Russia/Ukraine war currently going on. That probably doesn't help, either.

The only way were getting anyone to play here, is by trade or draft.

The only way to be loved again & bring in the fans will be by winning.

A lot...

I'll also add, that we will sign FA's.

No doubt.

But we'll either have to overpay, or the players will probably be trying to reboot their career from a history of disappointment.

Eh, I don't know.

Is it harder for us to get a star or someone in HIGH demand - absolutely.

But we were supposedly against that thing now anyway and wanted the team to build the "right way" anyway.

There are guys who like Ron, or who like what Ron or Scott or Jack's schemes can do for their career etc. who will want to come here. There are guys who played against us or Carson Wentz in really good competitive games, who don't buy all the media spin, and fell they can help us get over the top. 

The biggest impediment will be what it is for most teams paying a starting QB - the cap room.

I hope we don't go crazy. 

I hope we pick up some guys who can help, who aren't the names NFL network talking heads are talking about every segment.

And I think we will

So cheer up ACE!!!! (no hope for Lavar)

• Like 1

@MacDog The funny thing is I used to be super positive and support all of their stupid moves and decisions. I’m 36 going on 37, I’ve probably missed 2 games in the last 20+ years. What pisses me of so much is I do love this team and I want to win. However, my issues arise when every single move they make comes with a caveat. I would be totally fine with this Carson Wentz trade had they not been totally swindled and then it gets excused away as “well Wentz wouldn’t have come here if he had options”. Do people not realize that’s not a good thing? Like, we really have to trade for players because they won’t willingly come here. Rivera was supposed to change that but it only appears to be getting worse. 

So yes, at this point I’m extremely negative about their moves. I’m very upset they’re allowing all of their free agents to test the market so they can counteroffer which might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I hate that they were taken to the cleaners in this Wentz trade and I hate that we fired a young and upcoming front office member so Rivera could hire three former failed GMs all due to them being his buddies. I’d love for them to win and everything to be great again but they have to genuinely want to do that. I don’t think they’re that concerned about winning as @PARROTHEADhas alluded to many times. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

@MacDog The funny thing is I used to be super positive and support all of their stupid moves and decisions. I’m 36 going on 37, I’ve probably missed 2 games in the last 20+ years. What pisses me of so much is I do love this team and I want to win. However, my issues arise when every single move they make comes with a caveat. I would be totally fine with this Carson Wentz trade had they not been totally swindled and then it gets excused away as “well Wentz wouldn’t have come here if he had options”. Do people not realize that’s not a good thing? Like, we really have to trade for players because they won’t willingly come here. Rivera was supposed to change that but it only appears to be getting worse. 

So yes, at this point I’m extremely negative about their moves. I’m very upset they’re allowing all of their free agents to test the market so they can counteroffer which might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I hate that they were taken to the cleaners in this Wentz trade and I hate that we fired a young and upcoming front office member so Rivera could hire three former failed GMs all due to them being his buddies. I’d love for them to win and everything to be great again but they have to genuinely want to do that. I don’t think they’re that concerned about winning as @PARROTHEADhas alluded to many times. 

Love the passion @lavar703  I understand  the 30 years of frustration. I’m right there with you on wanting great things for this team. Even though we don’t agree with the many directions this team goes in we hope we’re wrong and it turns out to be positive for a change. Just need some luck and make sure we can get rid of Snyder so this team can ascend to better times. 

• Like 3