What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

brownie man

What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

• Keep The QB Depth Chart As Is - Resigning Keenum
    • Trade For Deshaun Watson
    • Trade For Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade for Russel Wilson
    • Trade for a different QB to compete with Baker
    • Sign a QB in Free Agency
    • Draft a QB First Round
    • Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds
    • Draft a QB 4th round or Later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2022 at 08:38 PM

22 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure if you are being your usual condescending pos self....

If stating facts is being a condescending POS, I guess so.  Didn’t think we needed to go 0-100 on what seemed like a civil discussion, but you do you.

but I think I have a pretty good grasp on sexual assault victims not wanting to face those that have victimized them.  It is fairly well documented, and I have nothing but sympathy for anyone that has gone through this.   

Sympathy and a healthy level of skepticism.  20 something people isn’t even enough to give the benefit of the doubt it would seem.

There are many rich guys that have gotten away for years with crimes of a sexual nature because they have money...Epstein...Weinstein....Nygard.  These guys eventually got what they deserved.  If Watson is THAT GUY.....he needs to pay for his crimes.

Well, as you said, many have gotten away with it for years, many more never convicted and since that seems to be your threshold for sympathy and belief, I guess we can agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If stating facts is being a condescending POS, I guess so.  Didn’t think we needed to go 0-100 on what seemed like a civil discussion, but you do you.

Maybe I took it the wrong way..it seemed you were implying something that perhaps you weren't.

Sympathy and a healthy level of skepticism.  20 something people isn’t even enough to give the benefit of the doubt it would seem.

If all 22 decided that they would take a payout, and sign a non-disclosure form, then would we really know the truth?  

Well, as you said, many have gotten away with it for years, many more never convicted and since that seems to be your threshold for sympathy and belief, I guess we can agree to disagree.

mmmmmkaaayyyyy...now you are being your usual condescending pos self

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

He beat lamar,cousins, and burrows 

What other qb started those games?

No need to answer your silence is golden.

Did myles qb or ward excuse me I watched those games did not see anybody else qb

The argument that this team is loaded

It can win with Kizer is the most stupid argument in the history of this board 

Mayfield lead this team to the 26 overall pick.

Why did the defense not pick this team and win when Mayfield only had 1 or none interceptions

How about are line that is the best in the

Nfl only get 1 first down when we needed it

Defense how come they did not sack Carr

How many qbs win games when they get sacked 9 times.

No need answer climb back into your whole

Another question you name the qb that is available when we draft that wins more games than Mayfield next year?

So if I follow your 'logic', you're saying when we win it's because of Baker and when we lose it'd because of someone else on the team?

No need to answer, I might have an aneurysm if I have to read anymore of that mangled prose.

6 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

So if I follow your 'logic', you're saying when we win it's because of Baker and when we lose it'd because of someone else on the team?

No need to answer, I might have an aneurysm if I have to read anymore of that mangled prose.

??????

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm pretty sure I said eventually....of course it should have happened sooner...sadly it didn't!

Do we really want to wait for a 70 year old Deshaun Watson to get his due? By then, he's moved on from his NFL career.

As a fan/follower of the Texans, I've been following this situation pretty much since Tony Buzbee started to file his cases. Based on what has been released in discovery - texts between massage therapists and handlers, texts between alleged victims and Watson himself, etc - I'm very confident in saying something happened.

The old saying is that "where there's smoke, there's fire..." and I think there's plenty of smoke to take into consideration here. I mean... had it been 2-3 complaints, I'd probably say it's a collusive effort to get paid. 5-7? Could go either way, but could be a group of people trying to get paid. 8-10? Hmm, starting to worry. 10-15? Ok, something happened here. Once we get to 23 (plus a few who didn't file with Buzbee) I can't logically ignore the smoke anymore.

Currently, Houston Police Department is treating the filed complaints as sexual misconduct - a misdemeanor in the state of Texas. Even with 22 misdemeanors, a person with no priors (as Watson is) is probably not looking at any sort of jail time. You also have to consider that Rusty Hardin (Watson's lawyer) once got Roger Clemens off of Purgury charges when Clemens lied to Congress about steroids - so a state-level misdemeanor should be rank and file for him. Pre-trial diversion, fines/settlements, community service, deferred adjudication - all on the table here, and I expect Hardin and Co to look into all avenues. THIS is probably why settlements seem like a reasonable outcome - truth is, it might be the best option for some these massage therapists. It's not a reflection on Watson or their claims, but what is currently up for proof in a court of law. You play within the confines of the rules set before you... right?

The trending belief locally is that Deshaun Watson isn't going to jail unless there is some bombshell (DNA evidence, video evidence, etc) that drops between now and whenever the Grand Jury makes its decision on whether or not to proceed with 22 misdemeanors. I can't really speculate if that bombshell is ticking on a phone or in a lab - but I feel it prudent to present this information in some capacity. We'll have to see what happens together.

So, back to Watson - for any team involved, it comes down to risk tolerance. Bringing in Deshaun Watson will cost a team fans; Likewise, people will come back when he does his thing (and you'll have a roving pack of Clemson faithful who think he walks on water and this whole legal issue is a fabrication created by the McNair family). So, how much risk does a team want take? Granted, you'll probably be able to get him for less than the six "chunky" assets Nick Caserio is asking for (multiple top 64 picks, starter-level players on cheap deals, or a combination of the two). I would look at the Stafford to LAR deal as the baseline to work from, even with the issues in front of Watson.

I can't really tell you what to do as a fan, but I know my reaction was simple - I don't want this guy representing my city anymore. Even if he reconciled with Cal McNair and Jack Easterby, I would not want him as the QB of the Texans - because I know there is too much blood on this ledger to say he didn't do anything.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll be a condescending arse plenty

More than we'd like to admit, frankly.

While I'm here...

YHcq.gif

(I sincerely do not give a farck... I just like posting that gif if you must know).

• Like 1

Welcome @ET80 the fact that we’re talking about Watson should give you an idea on how some of us feel about Baker.

The people who like Baker do so because:

1. He broke a rookie record that’s no longer even a record because of our pass happy league.

2. He has a strong arm.

3. He put up average QB stats last year.

That’s it. He’s maybe borderline top 15.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Welcome @ET80 the fact that we’re talking about Watson should give you an idea on how some of us feel about Baker.

The people who like Baker do so because:

1. He broke a rookie record that’s no longer even a record because of our pass happy league.

2. He has a strong arm.

3. He put up average QB stats last year.

That’s it. He’s maybe borderline top 15.

Probably has more to do with the fact that as an organization we have had success with him as our QB like nothing we have seen in 20 something years. Not saying everyone believe it's all because of him but swap him with Weeden, Manziel, Quinn, DA etc... and the team would have given up 5 weeks earlier.