BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I was curious about something, so I looked up the Jets' first round picks since their last playoff appearance in 2010. Breakdown by position of their 16 picks during that time:

2 QB
1 WR
2 OL (1 OT, 1 G)
4 DT
2 DE
1 LB
2 CB
2 S

If you discount this year's class, they drafted zero WRs and just 1 DE or CB in the previous decade. Somehow, I am unsurprised a team that didn't prioritize offensive skill positions, offensive line, pass rushers, or cornerbacks has won 63 games over the past 11 seasons (6 games per year).

Additional fun facts:

- New York didn't draft a single offensive player with their 9 1st round picks from 2010 to 2017, and only drafted 2 offensive players with their 13 draft picks from 2006 to 2017

- New York did not draft a single offensive lineman or wide receiver from 2007 to 2019 in the first round, despite having 15 1st round picks in that span

-Average draft position since 2011: 12th overall. They have had 4 top-4 picks and 7 top-10 picks out of 16 1st round picks overall.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was curious about something, so I looked up the Jets' first round picks since their last playoff appearance in 2010. Breakdown by position of their 16 picks during that time:

2 QB
1 WR
2 OL (1 OT, 1 G)
4 DT
2 DE
1 LB
2 CB
2 S

If you discount this year's class, they drafted zero WRs and just 1 DE or CB in the previous decade. Somehow, I am unsurprised a team that didn't prioritize offensive skill positions, offensive line, pass rushers, or cornerbacks has won 63 games over the past 11 seasons (6 games per year).

Additional fun facts:

- New York didn't draft a single offensive player with their 9 1st round picks from 2010 to 2017, and only drafted 2 offensive players with their 13 draft picks from 2006 to 2017

- New York did not draft a single offensive lineman or wide receiver from 2007 to 2019 in the first round, despite having 15 1st round picks in that span

-Average draft position since 2011: 12th overall. They have had 4 top-4 picks and 7 top-10 picks out of 16 1st round picks overall.

Yeah that is ineptitude. PFF would not approve of this strategy.

Love 'em, hate 'em, or fall somewhere in between, I for one see some merit in how they view allotting draft resources (PFF I mean).

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 1