BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

@Scoundrel @Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Jlash @MWil23 @Blue @MD4L @RTTRUTH @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @Whicker @EaglesPeteC @bcb1213 @RedGold @SirA1

So after doing some serious soul searching I have come to a decision, I am not saying that their is 0% chance I change my mind, but I can only tell you where my head is right now. Unlike previous events (that is not meant as a shot at anyone) I do not wish to spring this on anyone at the last minute.

As of right now I will be retiring from BDL after the conclusion of the 2023 Draft.

I strongly feel given the low draft pick count i have for the 2023 draft, I need to see it through and put the team in a good financial standing so a new owner can have flexibility. I will not at any point be firesaling the teams young stat talents and potential.

Following the draft I'll initiate the transition and be here to help the new owner (should that be Scalamania or someone else).

Scalamanias presence may in fact help me change the way I feel but it's been some time since I really have been having fun in the league. The teams peak obviously was the Bizz Bowl, albeit an embarrassing loss. But my issues started before that and perhaps being officially diagnosed as Bipolar has something to do with that, perhaps I'm taking things too personal, being too paranoid and allowing myself to stress and become depressed. But right now I felt the need to be up front and honest with all of you. 

On another side of this leaf, I'll be honest, in 2022 I'm going into this season with 0 remorse. I've made my apologies, attempted to make my amends, (already got one person on ignore). I'm not here to make enemies which I fear I actually have done and tbh thats a large part of why I'm feeling how I am. But in 2022, if I make you cry, well don't make your issue my issue. (That last sentence was a joke.)

I appreciate everything everyone has done for me both behind the scenes and in front of the camera.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@Scoundrel @Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Jlash @MWil23 @Blue @MD4L @RTTRUTH @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @Whicker @EaglesPeteC @bcb1213 @RedGold @SirA1

So after doing some serious soul searching I have come to a decision, I am not saying that their is 0% chance I change my mind, but I can only tell you where my head is right now. Unlike previous events (that is not meant as a shot at anyone) I do not wish to spring this on anyone at the last minute.

As of right now I will be retiring from BDL after the conclusion of the 2023 Draft.

I strongly feel given the low draft pick count i have for the 2023 draft, I need to see it through and put the team in a good financial standing so a new owner can have flexibility. I will not at any point be firesaling the teams young stat talents and potential.

Following the draft I'll initiate the transition and be here to help the new owner (should that be Scalamania or someone else).

Scalamanias presence may in fact help me change the way I feel but it's been some time since I really have been having fun in the league. The teams peak obviously was the Bizz Bowl, albeit an embarrassing loss. But my issues started before that and perhaps being officially diagnosed as Bipolar has something to do with that, perhaps I'm taking things too personal, being too paranoid and allowing myself to stress and become depressed. But right now I felt the need to be up front and honest with all of you. 

On another side of this leaf, I'll be honest, in 2022 I'm going into this season with 0 remorse. I've made my apologies, attempted to make my amends, (already got one person on ignore). I'm not here to make enemies which I fear I actually have done and tbh thats a large part of why I'm feeling how I am. But in 2022, if I make you cry, well don't make your issue my issue. (That last sentence was a joke.)

I appreciate everything everyone has done for me both behind the scenes and in front of the camera.

I appreciate you and we have no beef. I'll be sorry to see you go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PR said:

I appreciate you and we have no beef. I'll be sorry to see you go.

My ultimate goal and hope is that things get sorted out (in my head) and I get back to having fun, at which point I'd likely stay as DVNs owner. However rhars not a promise I can make right now, and again I did not want the league to be 'blindsided' yet again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No worries bud,  we’re always on good terms.   
As the youngest,  my two older siblings were diagnosed with as severe manic bi-polar.   So definitely understand all that,   Take care of yourself and hit me up if you need someone to vent to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

1.2 Hutchinson- I’m taking KT there

1.6 Hamilton- Absolutely
1.7 Ikem- Absolutely
1.9 London- I need to stop telling you who I am going to take in private
3.11- Tyler Smith won’t be there but sure
5.3 - Super RAS Bad Tape so why not
7.2- Hopefully I don’t own this pick

Tyler Smith could absolutely be there. Dude has tools but he's actually a terrible player. It's complete upside with him, I don't think he goes as high as people are pushing him right now.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

1.1 Cancun- Travon Walker Edge UGA
1.2 Anchorage- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon
1.3 Gotham- Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati
1.4 Antarctica-Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM
1.5 Rome- OT Ikem Okwonu NC State
1.6 Anchorage- NT Jordan Davis UGA
1.7 Anchorage- CB Derek Stingley Jr LSU
1.8 Cuba- OT Evan Neal Alabama
1.9 Anchorage- S Kyle Hamilton ND
1.10 Berlin-  Edge George Karladtis Purdue
1.11 Raleigh- WR Garrett Wilson Ohio State
1.12 Seoul- Edge Jermaine Johnson FSU
1.13 Camden- S Lewis Cine UGA
1.14 Camden- Edge Davonte Wyatt UGA
1.15 Seoul- Trent McDuffie CB UW
1.16 Berlin- QB Malik Willis Liberty

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sorry to hear that. Honestly, it's way more fun when you're not truly contending. Should give it a try.

(Only half joking)

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The 2023 draft? So you'll still be here for another full year right?