Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m a little worried about our run game if I’m being honest. Howard didn’t look good playing through the stinger and chances are Sanders is out for the wildcard game. 

At least we’ll see more Gainwell this week and maybe some Kerryon Johnson.

Yea not exactly ideal for a newly minted running team. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea not exactly ideal for a newly minted running team. 

It’s gonna likely mean we are gonna need more yards from Jalen’s legs and for him to be pretty efficient with his arm next week too. Big ask in his first playoff action likely against Brady and the SB champs.

I still have faith in the OL to do what is needed to get some holes for whoever is out there, but man it sucks that Howard and Sanders both get hurt the same week late in the year. Injuries seem like the only thing that could’ve derailed this run game. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I really like Sanders and Howard. Both seem like good dudes and both have been very effective this year. Miles has been running the best of his career and isn’t dropping passes like he did in his sophomore campaign.

But, if you’re gonna establish your identity on running the ball as much as any team or close to it then having your two lead guys being backs more prone to injuries isn’t exactly ideal.

Hopefully we look for a RB somewhere in this class on day 3 and then look for a higher upside guy in 2023 if we are gonna let Sanders walk after the last year of his rookie deal in 2022.

56 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s gonna likely mean we are gonna need more yards from Jalen’s legs and for him to be pretty efficient with his arm next week too. Big ask in his first playoff action likely against Brady and the SB champs.

I still have faith in the OL to do what is needed to get some holes for whoever is out there, but man it sucks that Howard and Sanders both get hurt the same week late in the year. Injuries seem like the only thing that could’ve derailed this run game. 

Yep. I like Scott too. But in small doses. He runs hard and is tough to spot ala Sproles but I can’t give him the ball 25 times and expect to win a playoff game. Seems odd they haven’t tried to sign a veteran. Maybe they believe these guys will get healthy enough to play with a couple weeks rest. 

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My blood has turned Southern. It’s cold up here lol 

Freezing today. Real feel high is going to be 31. Tonight 19. Colder even sitting in that stadium for a couple hours, not really moving.  Buy some hand warmers. Keep them in your shoes, pockets, in between your cheeks. Gonna be cold. And of course, drink to numb yourself. 

What did you guys do Friday night? What are you doing today? 

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Freezing today. Real feel high is going to be 31. Tonight 19. Colder even sitting in that stadium for a couple hours, not really moving.  Buy some hand warmers. Keep them in your shoes, pockets, in between your cheeks. Gonna be cold. And of course, drink to numb yourself. 

What did you guys do Friday night? What are you doing today? 

We got in at like 7. Got some cheesesteaks and some beers and hung out. 

Not sure what we are doing this afternoon. We are going to go to the stadium at like 4 to tailgate. I’m hoping to be drunk enough to not feel cold or care I’m watching Minshew vs Rush lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We got in at like 7. Got some cheesesteaks and some beers and hung out. 

Not sure what we are doing this afternoon. We are going to go to the stadium at like 4 to tailgate. I’m hoping to be drunk enough to not feel cold or care I’m watching Minshew vs Rush lol

Where’d you go for cheesesteaks? 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I really like Sanders and Howard. Both seem like good dudes and both have been very effective this year. Miles has been running the best of his career and isn’t dropping passes like he did in his sophomore campaign.

But, if you’re gonna establish your identity on running the ball as much as any team or close to it then having your two lead guys being backs more prone to injuries isn’t exactly ideal.

Hopefully we look for a RB somewhere in this class on day 3 and then look for a higher upside guy in 2023 if we are gonna let Sanders walk after the last year of his rookie deal in 2022.

They should take one, kinda the same way I feel about drafting another receiver high.

We need to restock the defense but we need more guys on offense that will make plays by themselves. Same with the guys on defense. 

Teams will start keying in on Goedert and Smith harder next year. That 3rd guy really needs to step up. Whoever is in a RB really needs to use what’s in front of him. Sanders doesn’t always take full advantage.

Excited to see which back ups step up and show something.

We have a lot of corners who we would probably like to see play. Obviously McPhearson on the outside. Scott or Vincent in the slot. Gowan and McCain as well. Hopefully we get a lot of Epps. This is really a game for K’Von. He needs to show something. Maybe Stevens will get snaps on defense today too.

Interested in seeing more of a high dosage of Kenny G. I’d still like to see Reagor out there, but we’ll see what they do. Tyree Jackson should see some targets, especially if Goedert and Stoll aren’t playing. Maybe we see KeeSean Johnson or John Hightower.

If we are sitting starters at LB I’d like to see Shaun Bradley get the start. Hopefully see Milton and Tarron flash a few times.

I thought Dillard played solid in his time filling in for Mailata on the left side this year. It’s been a long time since he’s seen game action and going against the Cowboys DEs is certainly a challenge. Looking forward to how he does. He might be a better match-up for Gregory’s speed rush than Mailata actually. Obviously he isn’t gonna get the same push in the run game though. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Forgot about Awosika. Interesting they list him at tackle, cause I wanna see him at guard. 

Also, forgot about Casey Tucker who was showing some decent things as a back-up tackle in training camp. Le’Raven Clark or Brett Toth probably get the nod opposite Dillard though.

Will finally see Togiai play for the Eagles since the Colts poached him after we tried to get him on the practice squad his rookie year. Unless he’s played and I haven’t realized it.

Marvin Wilson making his debut too? 🤔👀