Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

Winning doesn't do anything. We have the tiebreaker vs the Saints and we don't vs the Niners. The only way us winning helps us is if the Niners and Saints both lose which is of course possible, but still basically changes nothing. It is actually just better to be 9-8 and have a slightly better draft slot than it is to win a meaningless game.

Sure play the first quarter and try to get out of the slow start funk we have been in, but after that just sit the important guys. Yeah you can get hurt at anytime but obviously you are less likely to get hurt if you are taking less reps, and having our guys with 8 days off going into the WC with a very easy load on Saturday will help insure they feel 100% for the actual important game.

And if we are missing important guys with Covid just sit everyone. If the game time isn't going to be valuable don't waste our time throwing some mix match of starters and backups out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Winning doesn't do anything. We have the tiebreaker vs the Saints and we don't vs the Niners. The only way us winning helps us is if the Niners and Saints both lose which is of course possible, but still basically changes nothing. It is actually just better to be 9-8 and have a slightly better draft slot than it is to win a meaningless game.

Sure play the first quarter and try to get out of the slow start funk we have been in, but after that just sit the important guys. Yeah you can get hurt at anytime but obviously you are less likely to get hurt if you are taking less reps, and having our guys with 8 days off going into the WC with a very easy load on Saturday will help insure they feel 100% for the actual important game.

And if we are missing important guys with Covid just sit everyone. If the game time isn't going to be valuable don't waste our time throwing some mix match of starters and backups out there.

More than draft slot potentialities, I want this team to be fresh and healthy for whoever they play in the WC game.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:31 AM, Daimonas said:

or the haul. there would be so much confusion

Haven't signed in to my account since Tuesday. I think I was in college during "the haul" and wasn't paying too much attention to the forum. What was that? Was that when we traded Sammy Sleeves?

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You think the NFL is regretting flexing this game to Saturday night?

By the time Saturday hits it’ll probably be the Minshew vs. Rush showdown at the Linc.

Ryan Kerrigan thinking he'll finally get a chance to get a sack but will ultimately be ineffective against the backup LT.  I really wish he had stuff left in the tank when he came here. Maybe we had a different view on him since he was like the only thorn in the side of Lane's career. 

3 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Haven't signed in to my account since Tuesday. I think I was in college during "the haul" and wasn't paying too much attention to the forum. What was that? Was that when we traded Sammy Sleeves?

"The Haul" was a meme created by a thread in NFL Gen at the start of 2017 when a Browns poster posted a thread called "Carson Wentz.... or this Haul?". It was basically just a discussion thread about the Wentz trade a year later but the meme grew as Carson became an MVP candidate and we basically just regularly trolled the thread with pictures of UHauls and other ridiculous memes until Webby came into our forum and basically just told us to stop.

Was the best meme from the SB year for sure.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

"The Haul" was a meme created by a thread in NFL Gen at the start of 2017 when a Browns poster posted a thread called "Carson Wentz.... or this Haul?". It was basically just a discussion thread about the Wentz trade a year later but the meme grew as Carson became an MVP candidate and we basically just regularly trolled the thread with pictures of UHauls and other ridiculous memes until Webby came into our forum and basically just told us to stop.

Was the best meme from the SB year for sure.

OH WAIT wasn't he showing all the dudes picked as a result of the Wentz trade like Corey Coleman?

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You think the NFL is regretting flexing this game to Saturday night?

By the time Saturday hits it’ll probably be the Minshew vs. Rush showdown at the Linc.

hands were tied, not a ton of better options.

I think it would've been Cleveland and Cincy had the Browns not played Monday. But that too will be without QBs.

They'll take the two big market viewerships and be happy.

Could actually be a fun game.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

hands were tied, not a ton of better options.

I think it would've been Cleveland and Cincy had the Browns not played Monday. But that too will be without QBs.

They'll take the two big market viewerships and be happy.

Could actually be a fun game.

Yeah week 18 turned out to be kind of a bust.

We better win with whoever is out there though. Need some back ups to have big games.