Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

I'm 30 and joined back in high school. Either junior or senior year,  so somewhere between 07-09. I used to Google mock drafts constantly in computer class (didn't have a smart phone) and came across the old forum. Used to read a lot and not post much. Kinda still do that. This and walterfootball were my go-to's lol. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm 30 and joined back in high school. Either junior or senior year,  so somewhere between 07-09. I used to Google mock drafts constantly in computer class (didn't have a smart phone) and came across the old forum. Used to read a lot and not post much. Kinda still do that. This and walterfootball were my go-to's lol. 

You pretty much described my story just 3 years younger.

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This is... yup.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think he's that old?

Kilty I think it like 32-33

you SOB. And yea, confusing Kilty with Dingo. Which means I'm the oldest somewhat active poster, and 2nd oldest eagle poster in general.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Knew Washington was going to infect us like the GD plague! 

All the more reason to treat this like a Preseason game. Rest up, get healthy. Better this week with all this Covid then WC. 

I think this is more in line with having everyone be positive right now so they don't have to be tested and thus seated for the playoffs since the rules allow for players that have tested positive and made it through, not to be tested again in 90 days. 

I think twitter being a much more accessible "forum" than an actual forum definitely attributes to the lack of growth of FF. Also what random normal football fan wouldn't be scared off if they see some of the idiotic or sardonic crap we post in here sometimes? All football fans are a certain level of intense. Some of the stuff that gets posted in here is advanced intense. I imagine a lot of new generation of football fans are looking for more casual conversation about football rather than fighting over 90 different irrelevant stats that someone like Matts floods in here often enough. 

I'm 26 as well. I found this forum simply by googling "football forum" in 2010 and clicking the first link I saw. Didn't end up making an account til 2012 though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I think twitter being a much more accessible "forum" than an actual forum definitely attributes to the lack of growth of FF. Also what random normal football fan wouldn't be scared off if they see some of the idiotic or sardonic crap we post in here sometimes? All football fans are a certain level of intense. Some of the stuff that gets posted in here is advanced intense. I imagine a lot of new generation of football fans are looking for more casual conversation about football rather than fighting over 90 different irrelevant stats that someone like Matts floods in here often enough. 

I'm 26 as well. I found this forum simply by googling "football forum" in 2010 and clicking the first link I saw. Didn't end up making an account til 2012 though.

The reason I don't really care for Twitter or Reddit as much for this sort of thing is 
1. A lack of familiarity with the general groups of people, kind of more coming and going
2. Less organized structured

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

The reason I don't really care for Twitter or Reddit as much for this sort of thing is 
1. A lack of familiarity with the general groups of people, kind of more coming and going
2. Less organized structured

Agreed. Forums are far more interesting and personable. However, new generations of fans are simply not brought up the same in this regard. It's a much more fast paced world now than it was even just 10 years ago. People are less inclined to look for quality and rather keep doing what's normal.