Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Resting starters is probably the smart move. Need to get healthy if we want to beat a good team. That said, more practice vs a good team and trying to get rid of this slow start stuff we have going on is valuable as well.

Interested to see what they do.

My guess is it will look like week 17 last year. We’ll see the starters and they’ll get sat as the game progresses 

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:
25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We get primetime Saturday 8:15! We’ll have an extra day of rest vs our opponent unless it’s Cowboys rematch.

Confused on how we get an extra day?

We are playing THIS Saturday against Dallas for week 18.

The game just got flexed, so we have an extra day rest before the wildcard round versus teams playing on this Sunday.

Probably means we'll be playing our starters and playing to win even if people might prefer to sit guys for the playoffs.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

52 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So as of now we'd play the Rams 2 vs 7. Would you rather that matchup or TB?

I'm actually torn? 

Hard to run on the Bucs and they have Brady but weapons are gutted outside of Gronk?

Rams weapons as well as Donald, Miller, Ransey are legit. But you can run on LA and it is Matt Stafford, not Tom?

Curious if it matters?

The answer is always the team Tom Brady isn't on, especially in a playoff game.
On top of that, the Bucs best attribute on D is stopping our best attribute on O.
And Mike Evans is the kind of WR Slay struggles with more so than Cooper Kupp route runner types.

There would also probably be more Eagle fans in the crowd at an LA game vs a TB game

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’ll be a huge upset if the Eagles beat any of the potential teams in WC weekend. It’ll be fun to see playoff football again though 

Winners 6 of the last 7, #1 Rushing attack in the NFL. Say what you will about this defense,  Hurts, ect but if any of the 4 think it's a easy win, I absolutely welcome that line of thinking. 🙏

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Winners 6 of the last 7, #1 Rushing attack in the NFL. Say what you will about this defense,  Hurts, ect but if any of the 4 think it's a easy win, I absolutely welcome that line of thinking. 🙏

can't really say anything negative about him right now. He's been playing exceedingly well the last couple weeks. 

11 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

My point is, in the past, the final Sunday contained all the NFL games. If seeding is a huge deal, all games should be flexed to 4pm ET. If the Rams lose, then Bucs are number two. I think the 49ers need the game to clinch because of NO. That means Saints Falcons needs to be played simultaneously.

They could give Eagles Cowboys Saturday… in fact I think it is likely at this point so it’s not an automatic bye, should they play for the 6th seed. But they can still draw the Rams if LA loses (I think SF should play that one very close).

I thought that we’d get the Saturday slot for the reasons I laid out above.

Saints 49ers games respectively need to be played simultaneously. 

This “seeding” game will be played vanilla but big markets may draw in ESpin viewers.

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You can tell Dallas is coming off a loss. Normally 5 pgs in 1/2 would be Cowboy posts. Then again I guess Matts is still on vacation, so......! 🥃

Meh, this forum is just dying a slow death in general. It peaked just before they changed to the new forum, and has been dying a slow death ever since. In another 3-4 years this place will be a ghost town.

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Meh, this forum is just dying a slow death in general. It peaked just before they changed to the new forum, and has been dying a slow death ever since. In another 3-4 years this place will be a ghost town.

I always wonder what happened to this place. I know the likes of Reddit and Twitter have kind of taken over but this was a popular place and this sub-forum specifically was booming.